Thread: Front Suspension noise - Golf 7 Comfortline

Front Suspension noise - Golf 7 Comfortline

Keen for any advice on this one. Long standing issue of noise in front suspension - groaning/squeak is best way of describing it, over speed humps, driveways/ramps and uneven road surfaces. Owned car from new, and the noise developed from early on, initially intermittent but now pretty much a regular occurrence.
    Have given up with VW - responses have been everything from "can't hear anything" to "there is a sound, we have lubricated suspension and that should fix it" (it didn't) and most recently some bollocks about it being a "standard operational sound for this type of suspension". And while i admit handling and ride quality are not in the slightest bit affected the sound is really starting to grate on me. It is clearly audible to all passengers (except VW Service staff), and the car sounds every bit like a Falcon taxi with 750000km on the clock, and not one that supposedly sets the standard for levels of NVH, ride quality and road refinement.
    My question is therefore whether anyone on here has advice and/or experience on the merits of getting one of the after market suspension shops e.g. Pedders to have a look and replace whatever it is that is making the noise (? bushes/suspension mounts) with quality aftermarket parts??

+1. My GTI does the same since pretty much the beginning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had the same issue on my MK 7 2013 Golf 1.4TSI base model. Denlo at Parramatta diagnosed it and used a Lithium paste on the control arms and bushes. I think there is a technical service bulletin for it as well. Its been quiet for over 12 months now.
    MY 14 Golf MK7 90TSI DSG Night Blue

Take a tech for a ride with you driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    Take a tech for a ride with you driving.
    Already done that. The first time was when the car was still new and it would not make the noise. The next time it was audible but I got the generic "sounds OK to me but will have a look at it".
    If I can summon up the patience I might try to go back to the dealer again, and ask them to have a chat to service department at Denlo Parramatta (thanks bru20vt)