Support VWWC

Thread: Convenience Closing

Convenience Closing

Hi Guys, correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't come across this newly found discovery. I have a 2017 MK 7 GTI Performance. Like the key fob, if your windows and sunroof are open, once you exit the car, simply holding down the locking sensor ( on the handle )and keeping your finger on it, will close all the windows/ sunroof. Well there you go.Convenience Closing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nardini2016; 31-05-2017 at 08:25 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Same thing on your key fob.

Also works in reverse on a hot day. Press and hold the unlock button to lower all the windows to vent the car before you get to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf MK7 103TSI Highline Wagon | Limestone Grey | DAP2
    Golf MK7 110TDI Highline Hatchback | Tungsten Silver | DAP

Users Country Flag
    Is amazing what is written in the manual, if you choose to read it. At least it tells me so in mine
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Yep, read that a few years after taking delivery of our 2011 Caddy and having wife puzzled by why she would park the car at the shops and sometimes come back to find the windows slight open (she had the fob in her jeans pocket and it was holding the button down). It also works on our 2007 Golf so it is a feature that goes back to at least the Golf Mk5.
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI
    1996 Vento GL (white) - RIP

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by feenix74 View Post
    Yep, read that a few years after taking delivery of our 2011 Caddy and having wife puzzled by why she would park the car at the shops and sometimes come back to find the windows slight open (she had the fob in her jeans pocket and it was holding the button down). It also works on our 2007 Golf so it is a feature that goes back to at least the Golf Mk5.
    Better buy the next size jeans to stop that ROFL

Users Country Flag
    Nah, she looks good in tight jeans
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI
    1996 Vento GL (white) - RIP

It has been a feature for years. Our 1996 Vento was the same except with no remote back in those days you just held the key in the door in the lock position to close all the windows and vice versa. My VR6 had a remote and it used to piss me off because after carefully putting all the windows down just enough to let some air flow through, when I got out and pressed the lock button, it would close all the windows.
    2001 Bora 4 Motion Sport now used by number two son
    2011 Skoda Octavia Scout now with Underground Performance tune
    2010 Jetta 125 tdi dsg for the misses - Impressed
    2006 Polo GTI - Enhanced by some of Gav's magic - Absolutely loving it

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Is amazing what is written in the manual, if you choose to read it. At least it tells me so in mine
    To be fair to the OP he is probably out driving the car and does not have the time to read a 500 page Owners Manual that describes in excruciating detail every Golf model, version and options available anywhere in the world. Useful information like convenience closing can easily be overlooked amongst all the bumph on Auxilary Heaters, refuelling with Natural Gas or adjusting headlights while driving abroad.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ABCD View Post
    To be fair to the OP he is probably out driving the car and does not have the time to read a 500 page Owners Manual that describes in excruciating detail every Golf model, version and options available anywhere in the world. Useful information like convenience closing can easily be overlooked amongst all the bumph on Auxilary Heaters, refuelling with Natural Gas or adjusting headlights while driving abroad.
    Well when I spend nearly $60,000 on a new car the first thing I do when I get it home is spend the day reading the manual. But only the parts that pertain to the model I have bought Hardly need to read about gas when you have bought a diesel. Secondly the salesman, if he was any good should have demonstated those features on handover. When my wife got the Polo she didnt get told much but the guy who I bought the Passat off spent over an hour showing me all I needed to know.
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 02-06-2017 at 08:47 AM.

Users Country Flag

I learnt this from my tinting guy!

Really need to pull out the manual and have a read.