Thread: concerns for gti mk7.5 due to issues on previous models

Users Country Flag

concerns for gti mk7.5 due to issues on previous models

Hi all:

I read so many posts online regarding wastegate rattles or rattles which are RPM dependent on mk 6 and mk 7 gti. so i am wondering if the mk7.5 gti is prone to develop wastegate rattles, considering some info I found online suggests that the mk7 model released in 2017 had an electric wastegate. thanks for advance

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by howareyoukk View Post
    Hi all:

I read so many posts online regarding wastegate rattles or rattles which are RPM dependent on mk 6 and mk 7 gti. so i am wondering if the mk7.5 gti is prone to develop wastegate rattles, considering some info I found online suggests that the mk7 model released in 2017 had an electric wastegate. thanks for advance
    To be honest, it's Volkswagen man.

If it rattles, it rattles forever.

You sell it and get a new one.

Or you want no drama, get a Toyota.

Wastegate rattle should be the least of your concerns. There’s a cheap clip that fixes it.

Problem solved.

To be honest they’ve got a lot right and most issues with Mk6 are sorted (timing chain tensioner) with the new generation engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

I have a MK7 Golf that has done 83K in 3.5 years.....no waste gate rattles ..... being paranoid I think. And if your worried get an extended warranty or buy a Toyota as ZZC2010 suggested...... oh but wait they have had more recalls than VW so maybe not.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by peekay34 View Post
    I have a MK7 Golf that has done 83K in 3.5 years.....no waste gate rattles ..... being paranoid I think. And if your worried get an extended warranty or buy a Toyota as ZZC2010 suggested...... oh but wait they have had more recalls than VW so maybe not.
    my previous car was a toyota 86 which i just sold few days ago due to a rattle from the engine bay that seemed to be exclusive to my car, as nobody from the toyota forum nor the dealership knew what the rattle was. With that being said, I agree toyota does have issues of their own and also thats why I am pretty concerned of potential rattle in a car. P.S. I am fine with interior rattles though. thanks.

Users Country Flag
    I came from a Toyota 86 to a MY16 Highline, and I'll gladly get another Golf...just saying =)

Users Country Flag
    I've had 2 R's the first one was fine apart from the turbo bell ring around 3000 rpm but it never was annoying and very brief did almost 30K then traded to a 7.5 R Wolfburg this one had the fuel line buzz fixed at 3000K with input from me and following forum and dealer diagnosis. Apart from that these cars are very well put together so I would say go for it. I can sympathize with those getting annoying buzz's and rattles they drive me crazy. Bur v happy with both R's the 7.5 is a improvement on a already fantastic car. p.s. no turbo bell ring on the 7.5 R so I assume 7.5 GTI would be the same.
    Last edited by rosslm; 19-03-2018 at 06:52 PM.
    2017 MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg | Oryx White | DSG / 2021 MY21 T-Cross Style | S+V Package | Limestone Grey

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by zzc2010 View Post
    Or you want no drama, get a Toyota.
    No drama.. ever. Including ding when you drive. If you get the Toyota and you are an enthusiast driver, best get a lobotomy as well before you do.

By and large the performance model Golf is well appointed and well put together and a great value performance drive. You are very unlikely to be disappointed in your choice.

Suggest too you take an R for spin as well before signing up for a GTI. Very different vehicles despite external similarities.

Quote Originally Posted by howareyoukk View Post
    my previous car was a toyota 86 which i just sold few days ago due to a rattle from the engine bay that seemed to be exclusive to my car, as nobody from the toyota forum nor the dealership knew what the rattle was. With that being said, I agree toyota does have issues of their own and also thats why I am pretty concerned of potential rattle in a car. P.S. I am fine with interior rattles though. thanks.
    Tesla perhaps?

Cheers

George
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!