Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Burger Motorsports JB1 Tuning Module + Cable

Users Country Flag

I think compatibility with the ED40 was discussed in the dedicated thread on these forums. I'd look it up and link the relevant section, but I'm at work and far too busy for a Friday. It's going to be a long day. I should get off the forums haha.
    2016 GTI Performance | Pure White | JB1 | Dog Bone | Full Tint | Stop/Start Delete | Avatar by sandwg

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagadan View Post
    Just FYI peeps.

Excellent little unit but if you're manual and get it id save ~1500-2k for a clutch.

The stock clutch is balls.
    Yep. 100% agree with the addition of it being balls regardless of tune. It's the one thing that annoys me about the car and is made many times worse by the terrible electric parking brake.

The number of times I would park the car and smell the clutch after driving up my driveway is far too many.

I'm probably going to be looking for a better clutch irrespective of the JB1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY08 Mk5 GT Sport - sold
    MY14 Tiguan 118TSI - sold (Mazda3 SP25GT in its place)
    MY16 Golf 7R: sold (Caterham Super 7 and Hyundai i30N in its place)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by urxtream View Post
    As mentioned by SimoHDK, "For those with manual vehicles wanting to run +5.0, MAP6 default settings should be used. This reduces low end boost to protect your clutch."

​I'm guessing they're safe to use on manuals? SimoHDK care to chime in?
    Definitely safe to use on manuals. The general consensus is however that the stock clutch is the weakest part of the driveline. Many people have had no issues with manuals and tunes, it really depends on the driver.

I.E If you're planning to dump the clutch at every set of lights you're going to have issues.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagadan View Post
    Just FYI peeps.

Excellent little unit but if you're manual and get it id save ~1500-2k for a clutch.

The stock clutch is balls. Mine started slipping not long after 10000kms and that was driving preservative on a custom map 6.

That being said, it is an excellent plug and play unit. Just thought I'd make sure people are aware

Anyone know what the 6 speed DSG in the GTI ED40/Clubsport max power and torque figures are recommended?
    Current drive:2016 Golf GTI 40 Years in Pure White

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ringo View Post
    As far as I know that map does indeed go easier on the clutch, but I would imagine still some slippage can be expected at certain occasions. This is not JB1 related though, all mapped manuals (regardless of tuner) had also reported this.

The over-boost (i like to call it under-boost) is sadly retained. It either needs a proper ecu remap to get rid off, OR, I am hoping that the upcoming JB4 (to which all JB1 will have an upgrade path) working on absolute boost will be able to bypass. The way the JB1 works (differential pressure) it's not possible to over-ride it.

So since the dyno run showed 370ps, I understood it should be smt like 340 normal / 370 on overboost.
    Hey ringo, I'm thinking your car is a NAR build vs our ROW build here in Oz. I wonder if the stock (VW) maps for both builds are identical, or tuned differently for different fuels in the respective regions. Seeing as the JB1 comes from US, will (should) the JB1 maps be different for the different build (region) cars? Maybe a question for George at Burger Tuning.
    Current drive:2016 Golf GTI 40 Years in Pure White

Users Country Flag
    How easy is it to install once you receive the unit?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by NSNO View Post
    I had a look on the Auto instruct website and it looks pretty straight forward, and this is coming from someone that isn't what you'd call a hands on car guy.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by NSNO View Post
    Very easy. Three plugs to connect to. Two in the engine bay, and one under the car, just need to remove the splash shield.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by SimoHDK View Post
    Very easy. Three plugs to connect to. Two in the engine bay, and one under the car, just need to remove the splash shield.
    So is it permanently connected once you connect all the plugs or do you upload the map and then remove it?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Hey ringo, I'm thinking your car is a NAR build vs our ROW build here in Oz. I wonder if the stock (VW) maps for both builds are identical, or tuned differently for different fuels in the respective regions. Seeing as the JB1 comes from US, will (should) the JB1 maps be different for the different build (region) cars? Maybe a question for George at Burger Tuning.
    George is the developer for the Golf R / RS3 JB1 based in Johannesburg SA they use the same duel injection engine as we get in OZ but the JB1 seems to cater for all markets even the US direct only injection engine, if I remember correctly George has questioned why North America gets the direct only injection. Performance seems much the same with either engine regardless.

More info check this forum

VWVortex.com - Burger Motorsport JB1 Plug and Play Information Thread 7R and S3 Specific
    Last edited by rosslm; 09-09-2016 at 04:22 PM.
    2017 MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg | Oryx White | DSG / 2021 MY21 T-Cross Style | S+V Package | Limestone Grey

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast