Support VWWC

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Burger Motorsports JB1 Tuning Module + Cable

Users Country Flag

I'm mildly interested and have heard all the pros but what are the cons of a unit like this? For instance would I then require a DSG tune or would this then highlight and magnify any potential component weak points due to increase in power an torque? Anyone have any previous experience with known issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    I'm mildly interested and have heard all the pros but what are the cons of a unit like this? For instance would I then require a DSG tune or would this then highlight and magnify any potential component weak points due to increase in power an torque? Anyone have any previous experience with known issues?

No significant cons. It still isn't as good as a tune for outright power. DSG tune isn't required but can makes the shifts nicer.

As for damaging anything, unless you got s lemon car then you'll be fine. These engines are designed to take a hell of a lot more power than what a JB1 puts out. You're not stressing any components.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagadan View Post
    No significant cons. It still isn't as good as a tune for outright power. DSG tune isn't required but can makes the shifts nicer.

As for damaging anything, unless you got s lemon car then you'll be fine. These engines are designed to take a hell of a lot more power than what a JB1 puts out. You're not stressing any components.
    Don't know about the GTI but on the Clubsport's engine, the gains were identical to the APR gains for the Golf R/S3 and way better than ABT's results (with the Clubsport). They hit 370ps/500Nm, just on map 1, that's as good as I've ever seen from any software remap on CJX engines.

stage 1 power and torque increases are minor for the engine's tolerances, it is only manual transmission cars that have clutch slippage but I thought all OZ Clubsports are DSG anyway? No need to worry in that case.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by ringo View Post
    Don't know about the GTI but on the Clubsport's engine, the gains were identical to the APR gains for the Golf R/S3 and way better than ABT's results (with the Clubsport). They hit 370ps/500Nm, just on map 1, that's as good as I've ever seen from any software remap on CJX engines.

stage 1 power and torque increases are minor for the engine's tolerances, it is only manual transmission cars that have clutch slippage but I thought all OZ Clubsports are DSG anyway? No need to worry in that case.
    VW Australia offered 100 Clubsports in manual.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by urxtream View Post
    VW Australia offered 100 Clubsports in manual.
    Ok that must have been South Africa I was talking about. Well, sorry no remap for them unless willing to upgrade the clutch

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by ringo View Post
    Ok that must have been South Africa I was talking about. Well, sorry no remap for them unless willing to upgrade the clutch
    As mentioned by SimoHDK, "For those with manual vehicles wanting to run +5.0, MAP6 default settings should be used. This reduces low end boost to protect your clutch."

​I'm guessing they're safe to use on manuals? SimoHDK care to chime in?

Users Country Flag
    I think it was mentioned elsewhere but does anyone know how it integrates with the over boost function

Users Country Flag
    On the 40yr/CS

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by urxtream View Post
    As mentioned by SimoHDK, "For those with manual vehicles wanting to run +5.0, MAP6 default settings should be used. This reduces low end boost to protect your clutch."

​I'm guessing they're safe to use on manuals? SimoHDK care to chime in?
    As far as I know that map does indeed go easier on the clutch, but I would imagine still some slippage can be expected at certain occasions. This is not JB1 related though, all mapped manuals (regardless of tuner) had also reported this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    I think it was mentioned elsewhere but does anyone know how it integrates with the over boost function
    The over-boost (i like to call it under-boost) is sadly retained. It either needs a proper ecu remap to get rid off, OR, I am hoping that the upcoming JB4 (to which all JB1 will have an upgrade path) working on absolute boost will be able to bypass. The way the JB1 works (differential pressure) it's not possible to over-ride it.

So since the dyno run showed 370ps, I understood it should be smt like 340 normal / 370 on overboost.

Users Country Flag

Thanks ringo

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast