Thread: Brake Pads

Brake Pads

Hi guys, new to the game i have a 103tsi highline and i need to replace the rear brake pads as i'm getting a bit of squeel. Not sure which pads to get. After something better than the stock pads however don't do any racing/track so don't need any real performance ones.

Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Try some ate ceramic pads last 4 times as long as stock ones they do cost x2 tho
    Extra bonus is no black dust over wheels
    I have not had to hand wash my wheels since fitting 6000km ago just wash dust off with pressure wash

Users Country Flag
    I replaced my front pads and rotors for ATE ceramic pads and they are just as good as the originals if not better at stopping with less break dust.

1+ for ATE ceramic pads.

How is the pedal feel on these ceramic pads? Some of the aftermarket brake stuff I've experienced have made the brake pedal feel like you're standing on a brick - much less feel and progression than OEMs.
    Last edited by Splashalot; 22-02-2018 at 12:09 PM.
    2018 Golf GTI, Manual - gone.
    2017 Golf 110tsi Trendline, manual (gone - gladly)
    2007 Golf GTI, Manual, (gone - sadly)
    1978 Golf GLS; 1972 Superbug, (memories)

Users Country Flag
    I put Wagner pads on the rear end of mine based on the recommendation of Brakes Direct.

My needs were:
    Greatly reduced dust
    No noise
    Work immediately (no need to get heat into them) as I do lots of short trips around the city
    Good feel

I didn't care how long they last as I got 180k km out of the OEM pads.
    I didn't need them to be good for 700c as I obviously don't use my brakes hard.

Basically, they met all 4 of my wants with dust reduced by at least 50%.

Cheap as chips. Price including 2x DBA rotors was ~$180 delivered.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Splashalot View Post
    How is the pedal feel on these ceramic pads? Some of the aftermarket brake stuff I've experienced have made the brake pedal feel like you're standing on a brick - much less feel and progression than OEMs.
    Pedal feel is great if anything better than stock they do have a 500klm bed in tho as they are a ceramic

You dont get the grabby feel of oem pads its just a smooth linear feel plus bugger all dust and they last a long time
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Quote Originally Posted by Kachingg View Post
    Pedal feel is great if anything better than stock they do have a 500klm bed in tho as they are a ceramic

You dont get the grabby feel of oem pads its just a smooth linear feel plus bugger all dust and they last a long time
    Fantastic, thanks! (Brad too) Bookmarked for next time I need pads.
    2018 Golf GTI, Manual - gone.
    2017 Golf 110tsi Trendline, manual (gone - gladly)
    2007 Golf GTI, Manual, (gone - sadly)
    1978 Golf GLS; 1972 Superbug, (memories)

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Splashalot View Post
    Feels the same as OEM pads, the only difference was the old OEM pads felt ruff but that was probably because the disk was showing signs of wear. As mentioned I replaced the pads and rotors at the same time, this is a must for ceramic pads. I have been driving on them for over 15,000 km and definitely recommend ATE brand.