Support VWWC

Thread: 7.5 R / GTI PE1 taillights on 7.5 GTI

7.5 R / GTI PE1 taillights on 7.5 GTI

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any information on installing 7.5 GTI PE1 / R taillights on a 7.5 GTI.

Specifically around whether the wiring harness would need to be changed and coding required if using OEM.

Is it worth the effort, i'm assuming it would void warranty

If anyone knows a place that does this in Melbourne it would be great to know.

Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by liljohnny19 View Post
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any information on installing 7.5 GTI PE1 / R taillights on a 7.5 GTI.

Specifically around whether the wiring harness would need to be changed and coding required if using OEM.

Is it worth the effort, i'm assuming it would void warranty

If anyone knows a place that does this in Melbourne it would be great to know.

Cheers

give Dean [VW Central] a call
    15 Golf R MK7
    Manual
    APR Tuned

Users Country Flag
    I emailed VW Central a few weeks back. They are working on the coding, not sure about a harness. I'm hoping they a plug and play with coding.

The dealer I got my car from said it wouldn't void the warranty assuming it can be down without a 3rd party harness.

As for worth the effort. @ close to $2k, I'm on the fence as the stock LED tail lights are pretty good looking already.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by crainger View Post
    I emailed VW Central a few weeks back. They are working on the coding, not sure about a harness. I'm hoping they a plug and play with coding.

The dealer I got my car from said it wouldn't void the warranty assuming it can be down without a 3rd party harness.

As for worth the effort. @ close to $2k, I'm on the fence as the stock LED tail lights are pretty good looking already.
    hmm......... you should be able to get a good idea of the changeover work by comparing the BCM admap from a car with the new fittings against the BCM admap on your car. You only need to look at the Leuchte-sets for the rear tails - compare the BCM pin number that's embedded in the channel name and the actual settings.

$2K - really?? Seems a lot to pay for the new tails (IMO)

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 13-12-2017 at 11:25 AM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    hmm......... you should be able to get a good idea of the changeover work by comparing the BCM admap from a car with the new fittings against the BCM admap on your car. You only need to look at the Leuchte-sets for the rear tails - compare the BCM pin number that's embedded in the channel name and the actual settings.

$2K - really?? Seems a lot to pay for the new tails (IMO)

Don
    Geeze 2k! I dont understand what you meant by the BCM stuff, i aint that tech savvy, just like the look of those lights better....
    Picking up my GTI 7.5 in Jan so I don't have the car yet.. Dealer said "They can't fit the GTI PE1 / R tail lights on any other golf model because they wont be compatible with the central computer unit" :S