Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 GTI Performance

2015 GTI Performance

Hi all,

I’m looking to buy a 2015 GTI Performance and I would appreciate any help in regards to the following:

How do I know if it’s a MY15 or MY16?
    If it turns out to be a MY16 should offer more because it has features an MY15 doesn’t have?
    Does it not matter which MY it is?
    In the used market how much should options like leather, sunroof and DAP add (this particular car has none of these options)?

thanks in advance

Users Country Flag
    Firstly, nice choice of vehicle there!!!

Regarding MY15 / MY16 etc. they refer to the "Model Year".

Easiest way is to look at the actual "Build Date" of the vehicle. Then look at the "Compliance Date" of the vehicle.
    These will lead you in the right direction.

Failing that, grab the VIN No. it will have relevant information that can be decoded via many online portals.

As for the specifics between the two Model Years, I will leave that to a MK7 guru on here that can help with the specifics...

When buying used, best to score as many options as possible!!!
    Last edited by ope126; 14-02-2018 at 10:02 PM.
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Thanks for the response.

I understand what MY means but I couldn't find information in regards to the differences there might or might not be between the two model years. I'm pretty sure it was built in June 2016.

Users Country Flag
    Didn't the MY2016 get an updated infotainment unit? When I bought my 2015 MY16 Highline they were raving on about Carplay and Android Auto being standard.

In some ways, it has advantages over the newer ones because of the physical dials.

I think the PP's hold their value fairly well - wasn't torque up at 370NM and doesn't it have some fancy diff?

The Perfomance Pack has a limited slip diff, a better interior than the standard GTI, 19 Inch Wheels, 169 KW the torque. I have one but the MY15. The MY16 got a bigger screen (I have upgraded mine to the Discover Pro High Version with DAB) and also rear radar for Collision avoidance and lane assist I believe. They also came standard with Bi Xenon headlights across the years (which the standard GTI did not).

Thanks for the responses

Sorry, built June 2015 not 2016.

So other than the screen there aren’t any other differences?

Users Country Flag
    The differences between the MY15 and MY16 is the Infotainment System - MIBII with 6.5 inch screen and Keyless Entry. There were no mechanical differences.

DAP II - Drivers Assistance Package with Blind spot Monitoring and Rear Traffic Alert was available as an option on late MY15 cars as was the Panoramic Sunroof.
    Biscay Blue MY10.5 Passat R36 Wagon
    Options: Sunroof, RNS510 Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Power Tailgate, ACC with Front Assist, RVC, BT 9w7, Factory Tint and Factory Towbar
    Night Blue MY15.5 Golf GTI Performance
    Options: Black Vienna Leather, DAP II, Panoramic Sunroof and Voice Control (every box ticked.)

Thanks

Users Country Flag
    Forgot to mention that MIBII includes Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
    Biscay Blue MY10.5 Passat R36 Wagon
    Options: Sunroof, RNS510 Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Power Tailgate, ACC with Front Assist, RVC, BT 9w7, Factory Tint and Factory Towbar
    Night Blue MY15.5 Golf GTI Performance
    Options: Black Vienna Leather, DAP II, Panoramic Sunroof and Voice Control (every box ticked.)

Cheers. So the keyless entry was for M16 only?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast