Thread: 2014 Golf Gti leaking waterpump/themostat

Users Country Flag

2014 Golf Gti leaking waterpump/themostat

Just wondering if anyone has replace their own waterpump/themostat housing as mine has developed a leak by the looks.
    only seems to leak a small amount and some what on and off not constant which is strange.
    has been loosing small amount of coolant over the last 6 weeks or so never over heats just comes up on the dash and coolant is leaking from that area irregularly.
    Any links or guides on how to replace? what they are worth?
    cheers

Users Country Flag
    Expensive job. Do you have a decent history with VW? I have seen quite a few get done under goodwill by VW.
    Don't let them tell you it's unheard of.
    Pump and stay is around 600 to buy.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by h100vw View Post
    Expensive job. Do you have a decent history with VW? I have seen quite a few get done under goodwill by VW.
    Don't let them tell you it's unheard of.
    Pump and stay is around 600 to buy.
    no history was brought 2nd hand quoted $638 for the themostat and $330 for the pump by doncaster vw
    which is insane, honestly its had done 55 000km when i brought it, its now done 63km and its done a turbo and now a water pump in less then 9 months and less then 10km pretty ****ty imo.

I had mine replaced under warranty unfortunately not uncommon. I would go back to VW and see what they can do. It's not a simple task as far as I understand. I had Thermostat housing replaced and a new radiator.
    Last edited by peekay34; 04-01-2019 at 11:58 AM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by peekay34 View Post
    I had mine replaced under warranty unfortunately not uncommon. I would go back to VW and see what they can do. It's not a simple task as far as I understand. I had Thermostat housing replaced and a new radiator.
    yeah im not sure what the warranty period is... car is 2014 and im the 2nd owner

Users Country Flag

I had a goodwill claim in recently on a waterpump after our thermostat was leaking on a late 2013 Highline, they covered 45% of the new pump leaving us to pay around $575. There was a coolant leak from the thermostat housing which was very slow. We purchased the car in early 2018 with 45,000 and it had 60,000 at the time of the goodwill claim. Full Volkswagen service history.