Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 103tsi wagon muffler upgrade cons

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_LINE View Post
    At the start yes. But what I also noticed is at cold starts the car runs very rich in the 20 and 30s. I have managed to run it on an average of 7.0 l per 100km. However I just feel it has increased fuel.

I also have put a full tank of fuel after the heavy footed episode ended and have been driving super cautious. I usually get about 550km easy on a tank. If i get less then yes definitely something g has changed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Fair enough. Give it a few more tanks see if the ecu will "adjust"?

Also, hard to tell from the video. But is your car louder than a stock GTI now? Or on par?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf MK7 103TSI Highline Wagon | Limestone Grey | DAP2
    Golf MK7 110TDI Highline Hatchback | Tungsten Silver | DAP

Quote Originally Posted by agentthumb View Post
    Fair enough. Give it a few more tanks see if the ecu will "adjust"?

Also, hard to tell from the video. But is your car louder than a stock GTI now? Or on par?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The microphone on the phone and dslr seems like exaggerate the sound a notch. I think it isn't as loud as a stock gti.

All I can say is i have a son that's almost 4 years old and soon a new born. I wouldn't be happy if I knew it's loud. It's got the DSG pop once you give it a good hit. Or when the engine is at load.

If you cruise and didn't tell anyone you got the mod done they wouldn't know.

I'm in sydney west. Happy to meet anyone that wants to hear it in real life.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by R_LINE View Post
    There you guys go...

https://youtu.be/OhcIkcL05Is

​thats mad! thanks for the video!
    15 Golf R MK7
    Manual
    APR Tuned

No worries glad you guys liked it

Ok so... as I assume the fuel consumption has increased since the resonator removal. I always use 98ron fuel from the same gas station (shell).

I wanted to see what fuel readings ill get on the freeway.

I went on the m7 ramp on sunny Holt road and headed to penrith malgoa road exit approx 32kms each way and I got 5.4 litre per 100km. This is with the air con running at minimal.

You might be thinking that's great! However I know i could average 4.5 litres per 100km previously.

I'm open to others experience in their own golf's. What readings do you get with the resonator and those without the resonator on. Has your car made any difference in fuel consumption?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345