Thread: Detail: Morgan Plus 8 2003

Users Country Flag

Detail: Morgan Plus 8 2003

Hey guys,

Just wanted to share an interesting detail that I did, a Morgan Plus 8! I know it's not a VW, but you've got to admit, it's pretty special!

The owner originally came in for a Superchips tune (which we have done and it is awesome), but we have actually become very good friends over the past few months. He has since bought another of my friend's BMW E34 M5 (pictures of the awesome detail I did on this soon!), and then we did a full Transformation detail on the car.

I thought that this was going to be an easy detail, given that it is such a small car. Unfortunately, the paint was very very soft, and using anything other than brand-new paint cloths would leave fine swirls behind, which made this a real challenge to polish. That, combined with all of the curves and resulting inaccessible nooks and crannies made this quite a difficult car to do!

Despite the fact that my crappy camera didn't really pick up many swirls, under the bright lights in my workshop it was a very different story!

The results were worth the effort though. It now has one coat of Full Metal Jacket Professional and that will help keep the swirls minimised for quite some time.

The owner is very happy with the detail and with the tune, he says that I have successfully re-ignited his passion for the car, which made me very proud

Before photos:

I asked the owner to remove the rubber strips from the running boards, as these were a real mess:

The car had been shipped from Brisbane to Melbourne, and the car had several scuff marks like this from the rope or tarps rubbing against it:

And here is a photo of the ECU, removed from the car, opened up, and the old tune removed, with the new tune ready to go in:

JRobbo's YouTube Page (please subscribe) | Tigersoft Performance's Facebook Page (please 'Like')

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

The owner giving the car a very careful wash after we finished polishing:

After a coat of FMJ Professional:

The running boards were a real mess before, but they polished up a treat!

Enjoy!

JRobbo's YouTube Page (please subscribe) | Tigersoft Performance's Facebook Page (please 'Like')