Thread: Audi S3 Full K04 Tune with WMI

Audi S3 Full K04 Tune with WMI

I thought I might start posting up some info on a couple of customers cars we've been working on for a little while.
    As with many of our cars most of the details are on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/RecodeTuning

Andrews Audi S3

Mods
    Volant Intake
    Recode Dumppipe & centre cat
    Recode TFSI 55mm Intercooler
    RS4 Rail Valve
    Hpfpupgrade.com High pressure fuel pump
    Snow Stage2 WMI system
    Recode Custom DSG remap

The car has run a 12.2 before just on 98Ron and this is the heaviest model of all the S3's - it even has the additional weight of the glass moonroof and I'd better not mention the driver
    The big thing difference though is the WMI setup and to an extent being able to modify the DSG launch parameters to suit the tune. WMI allows us to run significantly more ignition timing through octane improvements and temperature drops andtemperature drops mean we even have a higher mass of air being consumed now too. With the setup like this we are seeing around 230kw's at the wheels on our Mainline dyno which is about 25 or so up on the earlier full 98RON tune. These results are backed up on the strip too with the earlier figure of 12.2 plummeting to 11.80@114.x yesterday at WSID (timeslip to be posted) so we're all pretty impressed especially as it's still running a stock motor and turbo.

Last edited by parso_rex; 14-07-2014 at 01:32 PM.

The S3's are out at WSID again tonight..unlike myself. Anyway a revised mulitmap tune and DSG launch parameters has netted this

The other S3 is very close with an 11.7 also at 117mph but Jason's being an 09 is running much older software/firmware on the DSG's ECU and this means the shifts are noticeably slower than the later MY12 and onward variants (same applies with the R's and so on). I should have this sorted be next week when we get access to the car again
    Traction is a big issue now with these cars so there will be lots of experimenting in how to get the power down
    Last edited by parso_rex; 23-07-2014 at 11:26 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Is there a weak link in the AWD drivetrain? eg: WRXs used to use the clutch as a fusible link. Then when you upgraded the clutch, the gearbox became the fuse; then when you fitted upgraded gears to the gearbox the problems shifted further down the line.

Fun & games getting the hook-up right. Time to start fiddling with individual tyre pressures, spring height / rating & damper valving. Unfortunately it will probably turn into a horrible road car as a result
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

There doesn't seem to be, we're all quite realistic expecting the stock DSG clutch packs to die at some point on all of our cars but they just keep going. This car has had hundreds of launches now too.
    As for further mods the car is a daily driver so it not going to be ruined by making it a drag strip only beasty, I think a new set of rims and rubber plus better brakes and that will be it

A couple more runs from tonight and yes another world record broken for S3 with stock K04

Another similar run but 119 Mph !!! not bad for the full weight glassed roofed S3

Jasons S3 is a fraction behind too but he's not running the optimised WMI file atm, We should have this sorted in the next day or too. This run is what you expect to see with its nice 220kW at the wheels as dynoed on Monday. I'm sure his car will have the edge once we get this up round the 230kW atw mark like the other car above

Another world record for the K04s broken again last night 11.572@120.25 mph (193.53 kmph)