Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Custom-Code DSG tuning

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thanks Paul

RoccoR PM'd you.

Gavin

Users Country Flag
    Ditto what ForceFed is saying, Gavin tweaked my ride with a Stage 1 on the ECU and the DSG last week. Makes everyday driving far smoother and in Drive hangs on to third gear to use the new down low torque in lieu of changing down to second gear as before. The amount of extra torque down low in any gear is amazing, it all feels so effortless. Highly recommended, thanks Gavin.

MY09 Platinum Grey Jetta, 2.0 TSI, Leather, Custom Code Stage 1 (Eng & DSG), lots of bling

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_R View Post
    Which DQ200 version would be best suited for an APR Stage 1 Mk6 Golf 118TSI with S3 Intercooler?

And did I read that right - we'll get launch control with this? (probably includes spinning wheels and wheel hop I guess). Does this also change down earlier in D to avoid driving under 1700rpm where there's no power?

Thanks
    We get LC standard on Tigs with 7-spd DSG (hardy, har, har)
    2011 147TSi 7spd DSG Reflex Silver, 18" New York Alloys, Leather with MDI, ECB Nudge Bar, Viezu Tune (Work in Progress), Eibach ProKit Springs, SuperPro Poly ALK & Rear Trailing Arm Bushes, H&R 26mm Rear ASB and Whiteline HD Adjustable End-Links, VAR Design 3" Downpipe, Sprint Booster, Auto-Polar FIS+ Advanced Module, GTI Sports Pedals, Flappy Paddle Strg Wheel, LED fogs as DRL, chrome blingy bits

Hey Gavin,

Any update on when DQ500 7speed is coming out for us Tig owners?

Shall we expect it by this Christmas or next?

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggy1 View Post
    We get LC standard on Tigs with 7-spd DSG (hardy, har, har)
    How quick does she get to 100kph with it?

I'm pretty sure Tig comes standard with launch control. I think with the DSG upgrade you can increase the RPM at launch.

Though why you'd want to do that in a Tig I'm not so sure. Sitting at the lights with the engine at 4,000RPM in a Tig?

If you wanted to put it down the 1/4 mile then I'd understand it but I prefer to drive my Tig in stealth mode and take them by surprise.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag

Hi mate,
    haven't actually done a proper timing run. Apart from lack of facilities up here (read none) - I don't have a copilot to time while I drive. I did a 0-100 using Torque on smartphone (no LC but) and got 7.9s without really trying (ie. in "D").
    Took my brother for a spin recently (he has hotted up EF Falcon) and his response when I used LC was "holy sh*t", so guessing it's not bad
    2011 147TSi 7spd DSG Reflex Silver, 18" New York Alloys, Leather with MDI, ECB Nudge Bar, Viezu Tune (Work in Progress), Eibach ProKit Springs, SuperPro Poly ALK & Rear Trailing Arm Bushes, H&R 26mm Rear ASB and Whiteline HD Adjustable End-Links, VAR Design 3" Downpipe, Sprint Booster, Auto-Polar FIS+ Advanced Module, GTI Sports Pedals, Flappy Paddle Strg Wheel, LED fogs as DRL, chrome blingy bits

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Tig comes standard with launch control. I think with the DSG upgrade you can increase the RPM at launch.

Though why you'd want to do that in a Tig I'm not so sure. Sitting at the lights with the engine at 4,000RPM in a Tig?

If you wanted to put it down the 1/4 mile then I'd understand it but I prefer to drive my Tig in stealth mode and take them by surprise.
    Yup - would be nice to know, but more about driveability than bragging rights IMO

Having said that - am possible coming to Brissie next month, and might do a speed run or two. Can anyone turn up at Qld Raceway (Ipswich), or do they only do them at certain times/events?
    Last edited by Tiggy1; 24-09-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Hey Gavin,

Any update on when DQ500 7speed is coming out for us Tig owners?

Shall we expect it by this Christmas or next?
    I have been leaning on them this weekend mate and no commitment on a release date

Well then I wouldn't be too worried if you have LC or not since I'm in mid-high 6's.

No doubt it feels faster in a bigger car. Or is it the other way around

oh btw I did actually buy the HP DSG tune last week, so far so good (review is in his thread)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast