Thread: [DETAIL] Mercedes SLK Paint Correction & 22PLE VX1 Pro Glass Coating Protection

Thumbs up [DETAIL] Mercedes SLK Paint Correction & 22PLE VX1 Pro Glass Coating Protection

beautiful Black Mercedes SLK arrived to us with 34kms on the Clock! Brand spanking new from the Dealership basically!

However, it was clear that unfortunately the Dealership left the car in a state that a Brand New Car needed a Full Paint Correction prior to application of 22PLE Glass Coating Paint Protection over the paintwork.
    As you can see its disturbing to still find brand new cars that are being delivered with Dealer induced Swirls, Holograms, Paint Defects, Grease/Finger Print Marks to you the Customer who has purchased the new car.

Below you we have attached quite a few pictures that show almost the entire car with imperfections from light marring, scratches, residual from the delivery adhesives, holograms and swirls.

So starting off we popped out the DAS6 Pro and a Surbuf Microfibre Cutting Pad (found in our DAS6/DAS6-Pro Kits) and FG500 which worked incredibly well as the Mercedes do have CeramiClear Coated Paint which is very hard and takes quite sometime to work through to remove the imperfections.

Shown here, car before it was washed and brought to us;

(Shown that whilst during inspection somebody had a very dirty gritty finger that marred the paintwork quite badly)

(Bit of tyre shine over your number plate cover? , Sure thing!)

(As seen in the door where a adhesive door foam was previously on, the best way to remove the residual adhesive is a kitchen scouring brush clearly..........)

(Tyre Dressing on your door as well? We can do that for you, free of charge!)

(This door adhesive residual is still visible and hasn't even been attempted to be removed by the Dealer!)

[/b]
    Car Care Products Australia

www.carcareproducts.com.au - 1300 006 007 - info@carcareproducts.com.au
    Sydney - Brisbane - Melbourne

Now moving onto the correction. As mentioned we used the DAS6 Pro with the Surbuf Pad and also the Festool Rotex with the Surbuf Pad in combination with Menzerna FG500 to correct this ceramic clear coated paintwork, following on with Menzerna PF2500 on the Menzerna Yellow Pad and finishing up jewelling the paintwork with SF4000 on a black finishing pad before the application of 22PLE VX1 Pro Glass Coating.

Below are a few 50/50 shots during the process to show you the differences;

(Arty shot?)

Thumbs up

For the final stages of preparation of the paint before application of 22PLE Glass Coating the car received 2 strong wipe downs of an Isopropanol Mix to ensure all polishing oils/and any other contaminants were removed before applying the 22PLE VX1 Pro Glass Coating to the gorgeous Black Paint on the Mercedes.

The finished product; (Which the weather at the time was heavy rain so we were unable to take photos out in the open as sun was non-existent).

Thanks for looking and if you have any questions please feel free to post and ask or email us

FAQs;

What is the life expectancy of 22PLE Glass Coating? - We would say in Australian Climates especially with this large heat wave lately 2-3 years would be the likelihood of durability
    Do you guys Detail Cars?[/i] - Yes, we do offer Detailing Services & Paint Protection @ Car Care Products in Five Dock (NSW)[/i] Contact us on 1300 006 007 - info@carcareproducts.com.au
    I am not in Sydney! Where can i get someone to Detail my car? - We can also recommend Reputable Detailers for Paint Correction & Paint Protection throughout Australia
    Can you achieve the results above yourself? - Most definitely so! The time and effort involved is the key and if you are willing to put the hard work into your car and have it looking the way you want the rest is the easy part!
    What do i need to do something like this? - Simple put; a DAS6 or DAS6 Pro Kit (Includes Pads & Polishes), a Clay Bar Kit, and a choice of a Wax, Synthetic Wax/Polymer Sealant, Nanotechnology Sealant, Glass Coating Sealant
    I have light holograms/swirls on my car already, what are they from? - We always recommend using the Two Bucket Method with a Soft Microfibre Wash Mitt, pH Neutral Wash, and a Soft Microfibre Waffle Weave Drying Towel or a Microfibre Chamois to Wash & Dry your car. These steps are important as a Sponge or PVA/Leather/Synthetic Chamois will Mar and Damage your Paintwork very quickly and will eventually within a couple washes start to look like the Mercedes above!
    Are Car washes Safe? - Most definitely NOT! - Do not take your car to a Hand Car Wash or Machine Car Wash. Get into a routine, grab what you need and a quick decent wash should take you as little as 30 minutes and save you a good $25+!

The original state of that car was horrendous considering it's premiumness. (new word of the day)
    I'd be asking the dealer to pay for that.

Top job as always guys.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_R View Post
    The original state of that car was horrendous considering it's premiumness. (new word of the day)
    I'd be asking the dealer to pay for that.

Top job as always guys.
    Oh I like that. Will have to find a use for it in conversation.

But as for the car it was truy disgraceful prior to your good work.

Users Country Flag
    Great result guys.

I sure hope these pictures are going to be taken back to the dealership.

They should be appalled that a vehicle has left their premises in this state and i sure hope they flip the bill for the poor owner......"BUT"...... in saying this, it shows that when picking up a new car you should always thoroughly inspect the whole car before taking the keys as once you drive it out the front gates they can deny anything.
    White Scirocco R
    White MK3 Golf 2dr
    White Caddy (Work Van)

Users Country Flag

22PLE is da bomb! After a lot of research, I've picked the 22PLE Pro VX1 to protect my new ride. Even on my mate's older vehicles, its like a mirror finish, just top stuff!
    2013 CC 130TDI Night Blue Metallic with Driver Assistance Package, Park Assist 2, Walnut Trim and Ambient Lighting, Front Active Climate Control Seats, Towbar, and Dynaudio Premium Audio.
    -----
    My previous ride - 2005 Golf Comfortline DSG 2.0 TDI