Support VWWC

Thread: Q7 Spare Wheel

Users Country Flag

Question Q7 Spare Wheel

Guy's, I've just bought an ex Demo MY16 Q7. Pretty happy with the purchase and keen to get my hands on it!
    However....no spare tyre of any sort....just a can of glue and a compressor...I know this is the way things are going these days.
    I do a fair bit of interstate driving and would like to get a space saver wheel to throw in the boot for the longer trips.
    Does anyone have a part number or can let me know what fits, Audi want $1900 for it, seems a little steep to me.
    The car is has 21 inch "turbine" wheels fitted.
    Also does any know the limitations on the tyre repair kit?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeSlapper View Post
    Guy's, I've just bought an ex Demo MY16 Q7. Pretty happy with the purchase and keen to get my hands on it!
    However....no spare tyre of any sort....just a can of glue and a compressor...I know this is the way things are going these days.
    I do a fair bit of interstate driving and would like to get a space saver wheel to throw in the boot for the longer trips.
    Does anyone have a part number or can let me know what fits, Audi want $1900 for it, seems a little steep to me.
    The car is has 21 inch "turbine" wheels fitted.
    Also does any know the limitations on the tyre repair kit?
    not really sure, that's a good question, i bought a my17 q7 ex demo recently as well and it would be good to have a full sized spare but no space to put it unless you throw it onto a roof rack carrier of some sort.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

I ended up buying the Collapsable wheel from Audi, bargained them down to $1500 for the thing. Its still a 20 inch rim with the deflated tyre wrapped around it. I picked up a nice storage bag on eBay for it. I throw it in for longer trips, but gee, it takes up about 1/4 of the boot space!!
    The part number for the Wheel Assy is AD4M0601010