Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Forester XT to MKV GTI to MKVI R to Audi S3

Quote Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
    Lost in translation ???
    Evidently SilvrFoxX has retired to the pool room for a scotch or two.

Was extra nice getting the shocks replaced as well with new versions.

First service is due in a few months but have not got anything that needs to be done under warranty this time.
    Good thinking getting it done; very unlikely to cause issues and hopefully rectify one or two! I know your car doesn't often suffer from the dreaded pogo-stick effect when driving over speed humps at moderate speed in Comfort, but have you noticed any improvement in this regard? Or is it too soon to tell?

Beyond the major warranty issue I had in the first month or two of ownership, I've not had a single problem with my S3 either. It seems built exceptionally well, but then it is a "Wednesday" car. Doesn't even rattle (touchwood).
    2008 MkV Volkswagen Golf R32 DSG
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto
    Sold: 2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    Sold: 2010 MkVI Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamD View Post
    I know your car doesn't often suffer from the dreaded pogo-stick effect when driving over speed humps at moderate speed in Comfort, but have you noticed any improvement in this regard? Or is it too soon to tell?

Beyond the major warranty issue I had in the first month or two of ownership, I've not had a single problem with my S3 either. It seems built exceptionally well, but then it is a "Wednesday" car. Doesn't even rattle (touchwood).
    I don't use Comfort mode really - always in auto for suspension.

Will try it this week.

I had the screws drop out from the undertray a few times but sorted that myself using silicon under the head of the screws.

Other than that, all good. No rattles. No DSG issues. No untoward engine noises. No oil use (none at all).

I don't use Comfort mode really - always in auto for suspension.

Will try it this week.

I had the screws drop out from the undertray a few times but sorted that myself using silicon under the head of the screws.

Other than that, all good. No rattles. No DSG issues. No untoward engine noises. No oil use (none at all).
    There's some seriously sub-par bitumen around Adelaide's CBD so my dampers are in comfort most of the time - I find it's slightly more compliant than Normal, although you never know - it could be the placebo effect mostly. The only time I change away from Individual (with dampers in Comfort) is when it all goes Dynamic on a "hills run", and I'm keeping up with the SA VWW/EuroSA regulars (Audi B5 S4 Stage 3, B7 RS4 APR Stage 3 supercharged, Mk6 GTI ED35 APR Stage 2, 8V RS3, etc etc - those guys like the corners almost as much as the straights).

I've not crawled under mine to check for dropped screws. I probably should at some stage. I check the oil monthly (typically only gets between 1 and 3 drives, perhaps 100-250km at most over that period), and have never noticed it use a drop either. Happy times.

Yep, mine is in Individual half the time (Steering on auto, suspension on auto, engine and DSG and sound in Dynamic)

The other half of the time in Sport manual with Individual mode.

High rev changes in that setting are fun

Yep, mine is in Individual half the time (Steering on auto, suspension on auto, engine and DSG and sound in Dynamic)

The other half of the time in Sport manual with Individual mode.

High rev changes in that setting are fun
    My Individual is the same, save for the dampers, oh and obviously the transmission is unaffected. No shift farts for me though, and I really do miss that - heavy (but not WOT) throttle upshifts in my Stage 1 Mk6 GTI were just outrageous.

I made the VCDS change to permanently open the exhaust valve (rather than it only opening above ~3,000rpm on a heavy throttle, and then only when sound is in dynamic). Best change I've made, without a doubt - with a manual it makes the car so much easier to drive, as I can now hear the engine when taking off and operating the clutch, even with the radio on (at a moderate volume). And although it doesn't sound all that sporty, at least it's got a hint of bass to it now.

Users Country Flag
    Just poking the bear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Ride: MY 16 Daytona Pearl Grey Audi S3- Performance Pack 1, Sunroof and Driver assist

Quote Originally Posted by AdamD View Post
    My Individual is the same, save for the dampers, oh and obviously the transmission is unaffected. No shift farts for me though, and I really do miss that - heavy (but not WOT) throttle upshifts in my Stage 1 Mk6 GTI were just outrageous.

I made the VCDS change to permanently open the exhaust valve (rather than it only opening above ~3,000rpm on a heavy throttle, and then only when sound is in dynamic). Best change I've made, without a doubt - with a manual it makes the car so much easier to drive, as I can now hear the engine when taking off and operating the clutch, even with the radio on (at a moderate volume). And although it doesn't sound all that sporty, at least it's got a hint of bass to it now.
    Interesting feedback on opening the flaps

I disconnected them but reconnected them as I didn't like the sound.

I'm an old bastard though
    8VSS2L/16 E9E9 XG MP SPP1 4ZD 6XK CSC5P with an extra free 10kW

Quote Originally Posted by SilvrFoxX View Post
    Just poking the bear

RS is too slow anyway for now mr Fox. I've started playing with the S3 a bit again

Users Country Flag
    Something tells me you pay for the exhaust note on an RS3 .. But I haven't driven one to know.

I have no doubt your S3 is scary

Current Ride: MY 16 Daytona Pearl Grey Audi S3- Performance Pack 1, Sunroof and Driver assist

Added 1,000 km today and 200 km on dirt roads going through the hinterland - car performed great and handled mud, small streams and gravel without issue.

RC much better than my R and much more fun.

What a great car it is.

Might wash it tomorrow, might not - it's wearing the mud with pride.
    8VSS2L/16 E9E9 XG MP SPP1 4ZD 6XK CSC5P with an extra free 10kW

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast