Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Esh3 (adlays)

Users Country Flag

The Esh3 (adlays)

So after returning from Europe at the beginning of the year I was on the hunt for something turbo. I didn't want another golf, as there are just too many GTI's and R's on the road. I was looking heaps at other options, including A4's but I had my heart set on an 8L S3; wanted to keep it within the generational family of what I own, ya know?

So in May I managed to pick up this pos;

It was sitting on some hideous 19" Golf R reps with 0 rubber. The day I picked it up it came to my attention that 3rd gear was non existent and the passengers side window reg decided to **** itself. Got it back a few days later and snagged some photos.

A few days later I got rid of the reps and slapped on my aristos. It looks weird to say the least.

Then a couple of weeks down the track I addressed about a gazillion boost leaks and installed some goodies from ECS. R8 Coilpack + 2.0TFSI coilpack conversion kit, catch can, new TIP, replaced silicone hoses and a general tidy up of the bay.

Here she is with the other bae

At the moment she's at the mechanics getting her box sorted out and should be in my hands by Thursday this week. Plans once she returns are new zorst and tune - the AidsPR tune on it is horrible and only making 101kw@tw. Not even kidding, it's lost power from a tune. I have a dyno sheet to confirm it too lol
    Last edited by drucejnr; 16-08-2015 at 10:09 PM.

No photo's working for me mang.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by HaydEn View Post
    No photo's working for me mang.
    sorted. wrong links lol

Users Country Flag
    nice one! alright another S3 8L in the works

not really too many around at all!

Car returned from mechanic. Replaced: timing belt, all pulleys etc, all hoses, water pump, thermostat, oil/filter, serviced haldex, brake pads, new brake fluid, new clutch (kept og flywheel as it was fine) and most importantly, had the gearbox rebuilt with brand new bearings, springs and 3rd synchro - omg the box is so smooooooothhh its not funny. It's actually a dream to drive now.

GAD prep = GFB DV, new zorst and tune and hopefully some new wheels. Looking at going a CustomCode "Stage 2" tune once I get my 3" decat turbo back exhaust with 1 res and muffler.

If parso can tune these take it to him. (Recode)

Quote Originally Posted by HaydEn View Post
    If parso can tune these take it to him. (Recode)
    Just checked his site and he does 8L's/mk4 GTI's so yeah, ill drop him an email

So a few things have happened over the past month or so with this little nugget. I got a custom 3" turbo back exhaust fabbed up and installed and it sounds spectacular - no cabin drone at all and its definitely helping the engine out too.

I spent hours one afternoon/night logging the car to check if the APR tune was working/for any other problems and it gave results that:
    Yes, there is a tune and it is working. ECU is requesting 22PSI of boost but when driving along (3rd and 4th gear pulls like RossTech says to do) the max PSI I'm reading is 7psi.
    It also threw an error code to do with either the wastegate actuator, diverter valve or N75.

So I have a massive boost leak somewhere hence why it feels so sluggish. Plans for this week are to replace the N75 and DV hoses with brand new Forge silicone stuff and a GFB Bosch T9301 DV - will log car once again after this, clear codes and check to see if that fixes my lack of power.

Small little update...

Went and visited the boys down at GFB in Peakhurst two weeks ago and picked up a diverter valve off them and after installing it, omg, the car actually pulls and makes boost. Have had it logged since and its holding a steady 23psi on boost and I'd like to get it dyno'd to see what power its making. Cars currently throwing a CEL due to a bad clutch pedal switch and im getting a lot of over revving between gears because of it.

Next on the list is to install my coilovers once they arrive, update the brake discs and pads and then enjoy the thing while I hoard BT turbo parts keep an eye on this thread... lots to come

here's an update on how she's looking:

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by drucejnr View Post

It was sitting on some hideous 19" Golf R reps with 0 rubber. The day I picked it up it came to my attention that 3rd gear was non existent and the passengers side window reg decided to **** itself. Got it back a few days later and snagged some photos.
    u certainly know how to pick em
    But nice, I like where this is going
    It could be the pics, but damn those golf r wheels make it look tough ?

And far out, every single pvag meet is on during my tafe nite class

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast