Support VWWC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Esh3 (adlays)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by KKK VR6 View Post
    u certainly know how to pick em
    But nice, I like where this is going
    It could be the pics, but damn those golf r wheels make it look tough ?

And far out, every single pvag meet is on during my tafe nite class
    Haha I know aye? Always buying broken cars :S but thanks! Keen to get this where I want it.
    Eh, they looked alright but they were too large imo and the offsets weren't helping either.

That sucks!! I think they change the nights though, so one weeks its a wednesday, the next its a thursday

Users Country Flag
    ur s0 **** fegt

So not much has happened over the last few months apart from general maintenance. Had my front wheel bearings die shortly after New Year so I took that as an opportunity to installed a pair of 312mm slotted rotors which I picked up off Seb, and also my Bilstein coilovers which I bought off Stu at GAD last year. Then, just over this past weekend, I installed a pair of Porsche 986 Boxster 4 pot calipers and omg, the stopping power is noticeably different!!

I'm now looking into upgrading the turbo on the car but don't want massive gains, just something that packs a little more punch; around 220-260awkw. I know people suggest frankenturbo's but eh, I personally don't think they're worth it. Have been reading a lot on ASN but everyone seems to chase big numbers, which is far from what I want to do.

No full photos of the car, just haven't taken any recently.

Quote Originally Posted by RABBIT View Post
    ur s0 **** fegt
    Lol ead Elias.

Users Country Flag
    Love the S3 man. Those modifications you are doing are spot on. I've got a mk1 TT and im looking to follow in the same way you have built yours up. Super keen to see more

Quote Originally Posted by volkieboy View Post
    Love the S3 man. Those modifications you are doing are spot on. I've got a mk1 TT and im looking to follow in the same way you have built yours up. Super keen to see more
    thanks a lot man! at the moment its just general maintenance and buying BT bits when I can afford to.

On that note, after installing my brakes I noticed my drivers inner CV boot was torn and making a terribly loud clicking noise, so today it was dropped off at the mechanics for a new one

Users Country Flag
    how much of a pig was it to replace the front wheel bearings mate, any tips would be appreciated please...

to be quite honest, I wouldn't have a clue. I got my mechanic to do them as I had the ****s with the car because it took 4 hours to install the drivers side coil over (I didn't have the collar splitting tool) so I said fuggit and got the mechanic to do it all lol

Users Country Flag
    cool, thanks for the reply mate. can you remember how much it cost for the wheel bearing replacement please, i'm also wondering whether to take it in to the shop. you can pm price if preferred please, thanks in advance...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by drucejnr View Post
    to be quite honest, I wouldn't have a clue. I got my mechanic to do them as I had the ****s with the car because it took 4 hours to install the drivers side coil over (I didn't have the collar splitting tool) so I said fuggit and got the mechanic to do it all lol
    didn't have a drift/punch handy!?
    that's what i ended up using LOL

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by guile View Post
    cool, thanks for the reply mate. can you remember how much it cost for the wheel bearing replacement please, i'm also wondering whether to take it in to the shop. you can pm price if preferred please, thanks in advance...
    i paid about $80 per side however this was taking them out DIY and bringing the driveshaft into a bearing shop for recon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast