Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4.2 litres per 100km (67 mpg)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue103TDIDSG View Post
    We also have a Fiat 500 Twin Air that has 2 cylinder 875cc engine - turbo of course with sophisticated variable valve timing system. Goes very well but driven carefully and on a long trip it will get under the 5 litres and that is by filling and doing the maths as you do.
    But it is usually more fun to drive it hard and with the paddle shifts is a lot of fun the result being that the trip computer usually sits around the 6 liters per 100 mark. I guess it probably read optimistic as well ??
    We have one of those too, white convertible with a red roof, my wife's first love! We use it a lot around town as we only need to find half a parking spot for it! Never seen it show less than 5L/100Km but that's probably because we don't do long trips in it and like you I like sticking the boot in and using paddle shifts. Now if only they would find a way to make the 1-2 gear change take less time than making a coffee!

Cheers

George
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    I seriously doubt any VW except perhaps the UP will get under 5 L per 100km. My Polo gets 5.1 on a long trip at speed limit if Im careful and its a 1.2T
    It depends on the speed limits and terrain.
    My best result in the FCCV Fuel Economy run was 4.6 litres over the 116km course => 4.0 l/100km (filled to the brim, vented, at both the start and completion) in my 1.9 PD Polo.
    You can see from the route below that the course was neither straight, nor flat, nor all highway.
    https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...E&ie=UTF&msa=0

Our 2.0 Tdi Golf Mk6 will get around 5.0 l/100km on the highway without any special effort
    Resident grumpy old fart
    VW - Metallic Paint, Radial Tyres, Laminated Windscreen, Electric Windows, VW Alloy Wheels, Variable Geometry Exhaust Driven Supercharger, Direct Unit Fuel Injection, Adiabatic Ignition, MacPherson Struts front, Torsion Beam rear, Coil Springs, Hydraulic Dampers, Front Anti-Roll Bar, Disc Brakes, Bosch ECU, ABS

Users Country Flag
    Apparently from what others say on here, in all sorts of models it reads under true consumption.
    I use fuelly to log my consumption which is based on the odometer and the litres shown on the pump. It's usually within 0.2L/100km of what the trip computer says on both our VW's so in my experience the computer is pretty close to correct.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

I have a 07 MKV TDI and I regularly get over 900 out of a tank, not sure how much that would be in l/100 form. Btw it's city driving and use premium diesel if that's makes much difference

Sent from my MI NOTE Pro using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gabbaking; 11-03-2016 at 02:31 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbaking View Post
    I have a 07 MKV TDI and I regularly get over 90 out of a tank, not sure how much that would be in l/100 form. Btw it's city driving and use premium diesel if that's makes much difference

Saying you get X amount out of a tank doesnt mean much when you look at it like this.

I get 900km out of my Polo tank, also get 900k, out of my Passat tank and also got over 900 km out of my Landcruiser tank.

Doesnt mean much when 1st tank is 44 L second is about 70L and third was 145L

Sincerely hope you get more than 90 out of a tankful.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Saying you get X amount out of a tank doesnt mean much when you look at it like this.

I get 900km out of my Polo tank, also get 900k, out of my Passat tank and also got over 900 km out of my Landcruiser tank.

Doesnt mean much when 1st tank is 44 L second is about 70L and third was 145L

Sincerely hope you get more than 90 out of a tankful.
    Bit grumpy are we? Sounds like you are having a go. Let me clarify, I regularly fill up when the low fuel light comes up so in way it's pretty accurate per se. It takes around 44-47 liters on fill up..

Ps: fixed up typo.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbaking View Post
    Bit grumpy are we? Sounds like you are having a go. Let me clarify, I regularly fill up when the low fuel light comes up so in way it's pretty accurate per se. It takes around 44-47 liters on fill up..

Ps: fixed up typo.

Not growly at all but saying you get X amount per tankful is only useful if the tank capacity is known. As per my post it can look good if the size isnt known.
    I can go to Coffs and back from Brissy on a tankful in all 3 cars and say I did it on a tankful which sounds great.
    Until you say how many litres the tanks actually hold. Then its not so good.

The only really accurate way, I outlined above, as different pumps cut off at different levels so may be several litres difference in a "Tankful"
    I used to fill the Cruiser till I could see the level of the fuel and take the odo reading so that it was bang on every time.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hawk View Post
    I use fuelly to log my consumption which is based on the odometer and the litres shown on the pump. It's usually within 0.2L/100km of what the trip computer says on both our VW's so in my experience the computer is pretty close to correct.
    I keep a log of my Yeti 103 DSG consumption. Currently, using the AC most of the time, it's averaging 6.55L/100km calculated at the pump. That's higher than it used to be[6.2] but I drive it harder these days. The average consumption is reading 6.0L/100km.
    So the actual consumption is 9% higher than the readout.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hawk View Post
    Yep. I use fuely too. Have done for years now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12