Support VWWC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Yeti sales in Australia

Users Country Flag

2011 Yeti sales in Australia

Best Selling Cars – Matt's blog » Australia Full Year 2011: Mazda3 breaks 15 years of Holden Commodore domination, possibly the first time since 1948 an imported model leads sales!

Yeti is at number 94. Seems pretty respectable? Especially compared to the 60 Renault Koleos that were sold! Though nowhere near the Dualis and Tiguan.
    JOHANN - 2010 Steel Grey Yeti 140 CR TDI Elegance DSG 4x4 with Sunroof, Park Assist, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Upgraded Sound, Electric driver's seat, Westfalia detachable towbar, mud flaps, Škoda roof bars and a factory fitted spare wheel.

The Jetta sure is heading into a deep dark hole, I wonder if the Octavia has much to do with it as it sold a lot more, but that also includes wagons where the Golf wagon would be a different sale. The Mazda 6 sure is struggling these days, our resale of our previous gen one really dropped suddenly when the new model didn't sell so well. They won't be making a hatch for the new release either so their advantage against the Euro is gone and it leaves just the Octavia.

What's encouraging is that they sold 1916 Octavias. Which is only 7 units short of Nissan Maxima, and 62 units short of Honda Accord. Put into consideration the lack of dealer network and lack of stock, it is an amazing result. This means Skoda is doing well even against the major players.

What they need now is Fabia with DSG, and a Mazda 3 sized Rapid here, then we will be seeing big booms in Skoda sales!

Quote Originally Posted by woofy View Post
    They won't be making a hatch for the new release either so their advantage against the Euro is gone and it leaves just the Octavia.
    Mazda have been down that route before. Two years and there will be another hatch guaranteed.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by VAG newbie View Post
    Which is only 7 units short of Nissan Maxima, and 62 units short of Honda Accord.
    You can't use any 2011 Honda sales as any sort of a yardstick. The whole year dealers were crippled firstly with no stock because of parts shortages from the Tsunami and then product shortages because the Thai assembly factories were underwater. Honda is a great company and will rebound but 2011 will not be a year to remember in their corporate history.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

I'd love to know where the 433 Yeti owners live. The only one I have actually seen on the road was a dealer demo parked out the front of their yard.
    My Škoda photos here

Flickr : Blog

Users Country Flag
    ---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

[/COLOR]I'd love to know where the 433 Yeti owners live. The only one I have actually seen on the road was a dealer demo parked out the front of their yard.[/QUOTE]

Yet more negativity. Face facts 433 for two months worth of work on a new product with polarising looks is not a bad return.

As for Honda they had enough stock left to do driveaway deals at the year end.

Let's start talking up the good year that Skoda had!

I'm not being negative simply curious.
    I see Skodas on the road virtually every day often more than one different car a day we live in an area that embraces small SUV type vehicles, European vehicles and diesels and there are lots of Skodas as well as X3/X5, Tiguans and Audi Q's but I have NEVER seen a Yeti on the road either here or anywhere in Melbourne except the one I mentioned.
    The Yeti section of the forum appears to be basically dead apart from a UK based owner so I go back to my question. Where do all these Yeti owners live?
    My Škoda photos here

The Problem Kiwi is that this time they are merging the US/CHina model 6 with the Euro spec/Jap spec we get and consider the changes to the wagon to cover the gap. Mazda Aus haven't ruled it out, but their sales of the current model 6 have been very ordinary...so they don't even have the numbers on their side anymore. They have hinted that Mazda have another idea to replace the 6 hatch, so maybe there is some other model to fill that gap....all will be revealed next year I guess...or maybe even late this year.

In the early 1990's I was told by a senior Mazda designer that there would never be another mid size station wagon or hatch from Mazda. Things change. Mazda have this problem where they have great models for two iterations (about 8 years) then ordinary models for the next two. I don't know what it is about them but there just seems to be something in their corporate mentality that makes them do it.
    My Škoda photos here

Quote Originally Posted by K1W1 View Post
    You can't use any 2011 Honda sales as any sort of a yardstick. The whole year dealers were crippled firstly with no stock because of parts shortages from the Tsunami and then product shortages because the Thai assembly factories were underwater. Honda is a great company and will rebound but 2011 will not be a year to remember in their corporate history.
    I agree with you Honda is a great company. I even believe Honda is the best Japanese car manufacturer, way better than Toyota and Mazda. I personally have owned the Jazz, Civic, Odyssey and the recently sold Euro. I would love to see it prosper.

But the fact was, Honda did struggle to get rid of their stock in 2011, especially the Accords. Even in June 2011 when I was looking to buy new car, Honda still has 2010 Accords left in stock and were doing heavy discounting. They have also put almost their entire model range on sale now, with free ORC and extended warranty. This kind of sale was never done by Honda before (previously, they just give you 5 year warranty as an incentive to get rid of the previous year's stock). This has hurt the resale value of the Accord Euro that I just sold recently.

IMO, Honda's problem is that it depends too much on Thai sourced car yet they still expect Japanese price. Also they are bit behind in bringing more powerful yet fuel efficient engines into their range (ie diesel or turbo engines) Mazda and Subaru are already bringing diesel engines, and Toyota has diesels in their 4WD and utility vehicles. Not to mention all Koreans are already using diesel. Why Honda refuse to join the diesel band wagon is beyond me.

Accord V6L at $49990 is just way too expensive. I loved it when it was $46990. But now, it's just not worth it especially compared with the superb elegance tdi, which is $2000 cheaper.

Users Country Flag

Not trying to put Skoda down, but I still haven't seen a Yeti on the road. I notice they are using quite a few for the Tour Down Under. How many of those are counted as sales? If I'm wrong it's a fantastic result for Skoda given how reluctant some are to get over the old Skoda and give the new Skoda a try.

Quote Originally Posted by VAG newbie View Post
    Accord V6L at $49990 is just way too expensive. I loved it when it was $46990. But now, it's just not worth it especially compared with the superb elegance tdi, which is $2000 cheaper.
    This is what we are getting rid of - can't wait to see the back end of it. Mechanically it hasn't been too bad, but its build quality is shoddy. I expected much, much more out of Honda - even a Thai built one! I wouldn't recommend a Honda at the moment, particularly with no diesel, no wagon and continually over-priced vehicles.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast