Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A new Crafter in 2016

Users Country Flag

A new Crafter in 2016

Will be build in partnership with MAN rather than with MB.

2016 Volkswagen Crafter to Be Built in Wrzesnia, Poland

Volkswagen confirms new Tiguan, Crafter & Porsche Panamera for 2016

Volkswagen looking to end van partnership with Mercedes - report

Maybe we get the 4Motion version then, and the one would also hope that there will be a bigger engine than 2.0L TDI from Golf.
    Last edited by phaeton; 24-05-2014 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Man to MAN

Users Country Flag
    Hi Transporter - will be interesting to see what MAN and VW come up with they have some history together in the past with good results !!!!
    - Ben

1961 Karmann Ghia Coupé - 1993 Golf Cabriolet - 2006 Golf Comfortline 1.9L TDI
    2008 Jetta 2.0L FSI

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Yeah, after roadtesting Crafter, Sprinter and Iveco, I'm disappointed with the Crafter mainly based on the value. The Iveco drove like a truck and the Sprinter has a wrong badge on the front grill.
    I don't have a very high hopes for the new Iveco coming in September, so I think I have to wait for a new Crafter and then make a decision what to buy.
    I'm looking for any information on a new Crafter, but so far not much is out there.

Users Country Flag
    -All new Crafter has a release date of September 2016 at the IAA in Hannover.
    -Will be based on the all new MNB platform that will underpin the T7 series in 2020.

Source: http://europe.autonews.com/article/2...daimler-tie-up
    - Ben

2008 Jetta 2.0L FSI

I hope it will make it to Australia at the beginning of 2017 and at will be 4Motion.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    I hope it will make it to Australia at the beginning of 2017 and at will be 4Motion.
    Time will tell my friend, cross your fingers
    - Ben

2008 Jetta 2.0L FSI

Users Country Flag
    The first sketches are out, photos should follow soon after as they did with the new V6 Amarok .
    I'm hoping for a 4motion or 4x4 with a bit more ground clearance to turn into a camper, I have a T5 4motion camper now for sale and would like to up size. Enjoy Next-generation Volkswagen Crafter previewed - Behind the Wheel

The same here mate. I can't wait to upgrade from my 2015 4x4 Sprinter. As long as they bring 4x4 version or at least a proper difflock.
    Also, I don't take very seriously that the new Crafter will get the V6 TDI, knowing VW Australia, we will be cheated on again, on features and equipments.
    http://performancedrive.com.au/2017-...-language-0601
    Last edited by Transporter; 02-09-2016 at 09:04 AM.

....another mentioning of the 4Motion Crafter Volkswagen 2017 Crafter - Volkswagen reveals new Crafter van | GoAuto

A bit more was revealed here All-new 2016 VW Crafter revealed in full | Parkers

though it looks like the new Crafter has no rear door wiper(s), its floor is lower to the ground by 100mm. Also I fear that the engine/transmission could be the east west configuration right across the range.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast