Support VWWC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Iveco Daily 4x4 - So where's VWs version

with the dust and flies in western Victoria

Quote Originally Posted by Wino View Post
    that's awsome!
    ...and impossible in a T4 due to the torsion bar front end. Not even Seikel managed it. You can lift easily about 45mm (I've done it) but much over that......the front end doesn't let you without a camber mod. I suspect about 60mm would be abolute max due to the drive shafts....

It's easier in the T5 due to the use of McPherson struts all round. But the full Seikel offroad pack is spectacularly expensive.....you'd be fortunate to drive away with a new fully Seikel'ed T5 dual cab 4Motion for much under seventy grand......

And your photo is of a T5 fitted with portal axles.....which aren't part of Trakka's kit. And would cost soooooo much more....

Quote Originally Posted by Seano View Post
    ...and impossible in a T4 due to the torsion bar front end. Not even Seikel managed it. You can lift easily about 45mm (I've done it) but much over that......the front end doesn't let you without a camber mod. I suspect about 60mm would be abolute max due to the drive shafts....

It's easier in the T5 due to the use of McPherson struts all round. But the full Seikel offroad pack is spectacularly expensive.....you'd be fortunate to drive away with a new fully Seikel'ed T5 dual cab 4Motion for much under seventy grand......

And your photo is of a T5 fitted with portal axles.....which aren't part of Trakka's kit. And would cost soooooo much more....
    I kinda guessed as much...

But we can all dream ...
    Golf V TDI 2005 - SOLD
    Volvo C30 D5 - I've got a hat as well!
    Multivan Highline T5 TDI 4Motion 2005
    Hond Civic VTI 2001

Hell yeah!!

Users Country Flag
    It's about the time to revive the old thread.

Iveco Daily 4x4 goes on sale | carsguide.com.au

Oh that's nice to hear...no silly portal axles either.

The 50C17 dual cab in the 3750 wheelbase with the 150kW biturbo diesel is one of my dream vehicles. And to have the option of 4x4 is just brilliant. Question is whether I could cope with a) the price and b) the comprmised on road performance

Users Country Flag
    I contacted Iveco dealer in Adelaide and there is no 4x4 Iveco in AU and it doesn't look like there wil be anytime soon.

Users Country Flag
    Just received another email from Iveco. The Daily cab chassis 4x4 will be available soon, but no plans at the moment for van.
    So, that's probably a good news for you Seano.

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    Just received another email from Iveco. The Daily cab chassis 4x4 will be available soon, but no plans at the moment for van.
    So, that's probably a good news for you Seano.
    Not really!! I can't afford a new Transporter DOKA let alone an Iveco Daily...

Users Country Flag

...and it's here, Daily 4x4 I've just watched the video there and it may be a good alternative and replacement for my 9 years old T5 4motion, since I don't believe that the 4motion Crafter will make it down under within 18-24 months.

With its 3.0L diesel and 3 diff locks and 2 reduction gears, it's as capable off road as the Jeep Rubicon.

Features and Specs
    Last edited by Transporter; 13-03-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast