Support VWWC

Thread: CRAFTER TDI330 auto

Users Country Flag

Exclamation CRAFTER TDI330 auto

VGA just struck a deal with a major company which owns Appolo and Britz & a few other companies like them. They have committed all TDI330s to them in terms of upcoming production.
    Once Australian stock currently in the country is gone, the will be not an option to order for a long time! We are talking about a 200 Crafter commitment! You'll be waiting 'til kingdom comes in 2013.
    Manual is not affected...
    Christian Sieg

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for the heads up. What about the Crafter 4Motion? Will we ever see it?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by phantomcamel View Post
    VGA just struck a deal with a major company which owns Appolo and Britz & a few other companies like them. They have committed all TDI330s to them in terms of upcoming production.
    Once Australian stock currently in the country is gone, the will be not an option to order for a long time! We are talking about a 200 Crafter commitment! You'll be waiting 'til kingdom comes in 2013.
    Manual is not affected...
    Not a kingdom, it's more like a doomsday. It's 2014 in almost last quarter of the year and there is only the old stock of the Crafters, When I say old stock, I mean they were made mid 2013 or before and they're still being sold as MY14.
    Buyers be aware always ask what is the production date of the vehicle you're going to buy and think back that you could be buying a 2 years old car.

I'd like to really order the Crafter in December or January, but for what it is the asking price is too much. Even the Runner for $42,000 drive away looks pale next to Renault Master with the $39,000 drive away price tag.

The biggest problem is that the Crafter looks so obsolete from the driver seat. No even BT comes standard and the RVC is very overpriced option compared to Sprinter and the Master, the Sprinter is $1350 for the Sat nav and RVC, take a lesson from it VAG Australia.

Hopefully soon enough people will be able to buy the new cars from overseas and that should put some pressure on the importers.