Thread: Crafter 2018 Pictures and more...

Users Country Flag

Crafter 2018 Pictures and more...

The Runner is here and it's a very impressive how VW improved the old model. The quality can be seen everywhere. Here are some pictures from today's visit at Solitaire Automotive at Medindi.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    It is impressive, i looked a the new Runner MWB model last month after i saw it sitting on the lot

It looks great in person, the front end is just spot on, the extra 100mm floor drop on the FWD is a great idea.

Heaps of Rivnut ready holes for accessorising the interior.

I was told they will start seeing the full models in July,

I took my wife back for another look before we left on our trip, Got the go ahead to look at getting one, having said that, this was before the whole monkey business.

I wouldn't mind seeing the new MB sprinter that was announced last week in the flesh.
    2017 VW T6 3200KG GVM LWB 132kW 7 Speed DSG (Campervan Conversion)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn23 View Post
    It is impressive, i looked a the new Runner MWB model last month after i saw it sitting on the lot

It looks great in person, the front end is just spot on, the extra 100mm floor drop on the FWD is a great idea.

Heaps of Rivnut ready holes for accessorising the interior.

I was told they will start seeing the full models in July,

I took my wife back for another look before we left on our trip, Got the go ahead to look at getting one, having said that, this was before the whole monkey business.

I wouldn't mind seeing the new MB sprinter that was announced last week in the flesh.
    I had 2016 model Sprinter 4x4 and sold it in July 2017. The ride was good but it had too many faults right from the day one I picked it up. No Sprinter for me, I also had 4 Vito vans between 1998 and 2005, none of them was without issues.
    I think I'm done with the MB vans.

For me the FWD Crafter has not enough ground clearance and too much overhang at the back (over 1000mm), very limiting if you need to drive on steep driveways.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    I wasn't aware of issues with the sprinter, must of been serious for you to sell it that quick.

Was it a dealer issue with rectifying it or was it just MB holding up the fixes?

You can PM if you like, as i'd value your input as we are strongly looking at the Sprinter as an option.

As for the ground clearance on steep driveways, it would be a bit of an issue, it would be interesting to see how much height difference there is over the standard 195mm ground clearance on the crafter with the 4 Motion.

From what i've read, its a slightly different chassis for the FWD over the RWD and 4 Motion

While i tend to take what my dealer tells me with a grain of salt, he is a salesman after all.

He did along with his manager, state that VW AU were looking at bringing in a lot more of the option ranges for the Crafter.

Hopefully there is some truth to that, and hopefully a more transparent option list such as the NZ option lists will happen.

It is a great looking Van, the dealer did point out that the 4 Motion would be later in the year, as the FWD would be released first, seems about right to me.

Users Country Flag
    Although this isn't 100% relevant to the AU market, if we could get 75% of these options, it would make a lot of people happy.

Well until we pay AUS prices, well its not really just the AUS price increase, its car manufacturers option price padding to increase profit.

Having a factory swivel seat option would be great as then there is no need for state mod plating for aftermarket fitment, and also the factory seat bases are shorter to allow for the extra 40-50mm the swivel height.

Factory fitted diesel heater is a winner, if you wanted to convert to a camper.

But who knows until the order book for the full model order sheet comes out in March???

https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/co...nd_data_pl.pdf

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Users Country Flag

I took the manual for a test drive on the weekend.
    Very impressive.
    Not quite as good as the Transporter.............but damned close!
    2018 Crafter Runner
    T5.2 6sp manual.