Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MY15 Jetta TSI 118 Highline

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    You're delusional
    I tend to agree Brad, whilst the flow of complaints has slowed, twincharger and dry clutch DSG are two flawed designs in my mind.

I would not take the risk.

2.0 TSI Jetta with 6 speed DSG would be a much better choice in my opinion.

Cheers

George
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

The new Jettas look fantastic in that new Blue colour...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by anthony View Post
    The new Jettas look fantastic in that new Blue colour...
    Yeah. When I bought mine I could have white, silver, grey, slate, black...

...and a sandy silver colour.

The German Rainbow.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Here is a photo of the Blue Silk Jetta with the rest of the family "fleet." Three blue Volkswagens...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MY15 Jetta TSI 118 Highline-pa190852-jpg  
    Biscay Blue MY10.5 Passat R36 Wagon
    Options: Sunroof, RNS510 Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Power Tailgate, ACC with Front Assist, RVC, BT 9w7, Factory Tint and Factory Towbar
    Night Blue MY15.5 Golf GTI Performance
    Options: Black Vienna Leather, DAP II, Panoramic Sunroof and Voice Control (every box ticked.)

Users Country Flag

The CTHE revision of the twincharger is a good reliable engine - solely because of the updated pistons which are no longer produced by mahle but are KS pistons. It was problems with the casting of the mahle pistons that made them liable to crack and fail in the CAVD. The CTHE also inherited all the changes the CAVD went through from 2009-2012 which fixed other issues such as wrong spark plug gap, early injectors which were prone to clogging, supercharger clutch squeak etc

The CAVE used in the polo GTI was unreliable due to piston ring changes that meant it just drank oil by the gallon as the rings never bedded in properly and/or were just not seating well.

As for the DQ200 7 speed dry clutch gearbox. The mechatronics issues are sorted, the jury is still out on the clutch packs. However the latest revision of the clutch pack and boxes are far more reliable and far less likely to fail, with failure rates a small fraction of what they were on pre 2013 boxes.

As above never ride the clutch on a 7 speed dry clutch - don't have your foot slightly on the brake so its crawling against braking pressure. Try not to let it creep along on its own in 2nd gear - apply some gas or just stop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12