OK so new toys for the Jetta. I have replaced my RNS510 with an RCD330 plus

Why have I done this you ask???
    -I can now finally skip tracks with steering wheel controls
    - have apple carplay and mirrorlink for android
    - much faster and responsive system
    - real cheap
    - don't need to update maps

What do I lose from rns510
    - inbuilt maps (no biggy use waze and Google maps and sygic if I want to)
    - no info presented in MFD (not a big one for me I normally only have speedometer on there never used media pages or navigation pages)
    - Radio text- I CAN see what radio station name I'm listening to ie. Triple J, I CAN'T see what show/song the station is playing
    - climate control graphics again not really needed or useful to me and I'll be updating to mk7 climate control

Install: Super easy one main harness and a fakrah connection and I'm done.

Initial impressions system is super responsive and quick rns would take about 30 seconds to 2 minutes for full start up to be able to use Bluetooth media this takes all of 10 seconds. Steering wheel buttons work perfect. Sound quality seems better than rns and I have basic speaker system

Car play works exactly as expected. Mirrorlink is a mixed experience as it really is dependant on your phone and how it controls car mode. I use Samsung at the moment so car mode is quite restrictive but I've found a way to make it work with whatever app I want in particular automate.

I will post a video of the unit working as I noticed not many great videos out there of it. If I love it I'll keep it if not I'll switch back so in a few weeks I'll either have an rns510 up for sale or an rcd330 up for sale (pm if interested)

Ask me any questions you'd like
    My Jetta build thread and advice seeking-20170210_175010-jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Alright guys so new additions to my car

I got GLI grills and did a bit of plastidip to front bumper I think it looks good, what do you guys think?

Also I changed my steering wheel to an MK7 style!!

Important note about this mod as the mk7 platforms vw are based on MQB you can't get a golf steering wheel

The one I obtained I got for a bargain price from a wrecked 2016 polo gti. I believe the ones that will work on mk6 cars are from polo , scirroco and Tiguan I think

All buttons work and illumination works. Only buttons that don't work are the cruise buttons as I have cruise control on stalk. Haven't looked into making the cruise buttons work yet or I may replace the buttons later with out the cruise. So happy with the mod!!

Next mod will be a race chip that is impending delivery I've read a lot about these and figured it was a cheaper alternative for similar gains to a stage 1 tune. Will post review and thoughts once installed.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Looking great mate! Keep up the good work!
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag
    How easy was the steering wheel swap? I wouldn't mind changing mine over to something with gearshift paddles later on.
    Nathan

Mine - 2013 MY13 VW Jetta 147TSI | Now with 3Bar ECU and DSG Tunes
    Hers - 2016 MY17 Skoda Fabia Wagon Premium Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Nafe75 View Post
    How easy was the steering wheel swap? I wouldn't mind changing mine over to something with gearshift paddles later on.
    Super Easy took me about 30 min which was broken down to 20 min of struggling to get the old airbag off which was really stubborn , 5 min of putting new wheel and airbag on and 5 min of coding to make paddles work

If your old wheel isn't stubborn you can get it done in 10

Users Country Flag
    With the paddles, can you simply start using the paddles to make it switch to manual mode, and then it reverts back to auto if you don't use the paddles for a while?
    Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by Nafe75 View Post
    With the paddles, can you simply start using the paddles to make it switch to manual mode, and then it reverts back to auto if you don't use the paddles for a while?
    Yep just click the + paddle it goes into manual mode, once you come to a complete stop it will revert back to auto. However will stay in manual mode if still accelerating until you turn it off by holding the + paddle.

They also work as expected when putting gear selector in manual mode this means they won't revert back to auto when at a complete stop.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks! Now to go find myself a wheel......
    Nathan

Update:

I've purchased and installed a race chip pro 2 !!

I know there are lots of debates and thoughts and feelings with piggyback vs standard ecu flash , but I figured this was good bang for buck and have seen enough positive results to not worry about the car. Although obviously with anything engine related when pushing it more it will obviously diminish it's lifespan unless properly cared for.

Now onto the product cost me $450 ordered from some dudes in Sydney that are authorised resellers. They sent via express post. Super simple to install only plugs into boost pressure sensor. Couldn't really notice anything at first until but then I realised how wrong I was.

Take offs are alot quicker and lag is reduced significantly. Once the engine warms up you really feel it kick in at 3.5k revs where it just goes !

This projected figures is that it puts the engine Upton approx 178kw and 345ishnm of torque and boy can you feel it just pins you to your seat. It's not as monster like my friends tuned m135 but it's made the car so much more fun. You can hear engine note and intake more it's just good fun to drive.

Can I say my fuel economy is better ? Unsure really I keep hammering it because it's so much fun.

Now need to invest in new tyres....... And maybe a dump pipe

Fantastic write up.
    Definitely given me some ideas for my Jetta

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12