Support VWWC

Thread: Head unit replacement

Wink Head unit replacement

Hey,
    relatively new here,

I was just wondering if anyone had any info on the Volkswagen stereos as I want to replace my 2015 VW Jetta Rcd310 with the Rcd510 touch screen.

One thing I'm not certain on is what Bluetooth module I have and if it will work with all the features of the touch screen like dialing from the screen and song info on the unit when in Bluetooth.. I'm guessing or hoping it will as I can return within a week if it doesn't.
    Does anyone have or know where I can buy a unit?

Or am I better off getting one of those aftermarket units that look oem but have all the features installed for like 400 they are not a factory one though so worried about can bus issues?

I honestly would just live with my current unit but there is something about it that I find really annoying, that is the Bluetooth does not let you skip songs with the steering wheel skip buttons when connected to my phone. I cannot skip songs currently with my steering wheel or unit so I have to use my phone constantly which is dangerous I really hate it . Keen to change ASAP

If it helps here's my current head unit in the interior Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Any help?? Thanks

Stay away from the Opal (aftermarket OEM clone). I have one in my CC (didn't realise it wasn't the factory stereo when I bought the car).

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Hey 118tsimonkey.

The bluetooth module should be under your drivers seat.

You could upgrade any of the units (RCD510, RNS510)

I have an aftermarket Clarion (has bluetooth built into the unit) and i don't get any Canbus errors, my steering wheel controls work.
    Only issue i have is the song information doesn't appear on the screen between the tacos.

Inbox me if you want any more information, happy to help you

I'd you're still looking for info,
    I've replaced mine with a RNS510.
    Was literally plug and play.

2014 118 TSi Twincharged Jetta
    -GFB DV+
    -RNS510
    -Underground Performance 18 psi map
    -Whiteline 24mm Rear sway bar

Soon: Gti shocks, Audi wheels, short shifter.

Users Country Flag

The RNS update path is *almost* 100% plug and play. You don't need to touch the bluetooth module, just pull out the old unit and plug in the new one (and the GPS antenna). Everything should work just like it did before... but with Nav!

The coding adds in the integration with the MFD (the little screen that otherwise tells you your speed), otherwise it's not mandatory. (More coding is needed if you put a reverse camera)

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit