Support VWWC

Thread: And it happens again...

Users Country Flag

And it happens again...

So I go to overtake. Jetta hesitates, EPC light comes on, total lack of power. Then it clears and I complete the maneuver.

One week later, the same thing happens. This time the light doesn't go off. I stop the engine and try to restart. After many attempts it starts and I can limp the 3km home, luckily downhill.

So off it goes to the dealer. This time it's the high pressure fuel pump, not the low pressure lift pump.

(I'll not go into the dramas I had with VW Customer "assist" in getting a loan car, let's just say it was traumatic, stressful, and makes me think I'll never buy another VW. )

The dealer says they have replaced one other HP pump.

Heads up to 118TSi owners...
    2015 Jetta Highline
    2017 Ducati Supersport S

Users Country Flag
    Maybe your just unlucky, these things do happen from time to time!
    A real shame that VW Customer Assist were difficult to deal with, I have personally found them to be great!
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    Maybe your just unlucky, these things do happen from time to time!
    A real shame that VW Customer Assist were difficult to deal with, I have personally found them to be great!
    That's the way I look at it. It wasn't the same problem each time, although the two are related. The problem doesn't seem to be common, this forum would light up if it was.

Still, it was a good excuse to ride the Duke...
    2015 Jetta Highline
    2017 Ducati Supersport S