Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Jetta Feedback

Users Country Flag

2016 Jetta Feedback

Hey all,

I am considering purchasing a new Trendline Jetta in Manual while VW have their sale on. Does anyone have any feedback on how theirs is performing?

Cheers

Users Country Flag
    http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f155/my15-jetta-man-$22000-incl-roads-advice-please-111070.html

I bought a S/H Octavia instead

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    thanks for your feedback mate, not looking to hang onto it much longer after the warranty period ends so not too worried about the engine. I have friends that work at a dealership and a lot of the problems seem to revolve around the older polo engines. Wish they still did the diesel engine, I would have got that.

Users Country Flag
    I took delivery of a manual MY16 Trendline about 2 weeks ago. Still under 1000km. The $21k drive-away and cheap finance hooked me in.

So far, no complaints. I've stepped up from a '99 CR-V and a '05 Echo. The torque and power difference is impressively tangible.

In the first couple of days I noticed the clutch was a bit noisy, at first with a swishing sound and then a few days later it was a periodic clunking while reversing (both only detectable with the windows down). The sounds haven't recurred since so I am assuming those were bedding-in noises. Everything else has been flawless so far.

I'm really loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cursed View Post
    I took delivery of a manual MY16 Trendline about 2 weeks ago. Still under 1000km. The $21k drive-away and cheap finance hooked me in.

So far, no complaints. I've stepped up from a '99 CR-V and a '05 Echo. The torque and power difference is impressively tangible.

In the first couple of days I noticed the clutch was a bit noisy, at first with a swishing sound and then a few days later it was a periodic clunking while reversing (both only detectable with the windows down). The sounds haven't recurred since so I am assuming those were bedding-in noises. Everything else has been flawless so far.

I'm really loving it.
    Hey mate.

Thanks for the positive feedback. Were you able to negotiate any free extras? Tint/mats/etc? I may shoot you a quick PM

Cheers.

Users Country Flag
    Honestly, I didn't bother trying to lever too much out of them. I was happy enough with the price. However, the deal is a Volkwagen Australia promotion, so I would guess that the dealership should still have the normal amount of wriggle room (whatever that is).

heard from one dealership. $21,500 inc tinting and rubber floor mats.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiisons View Post
    heard from one dealership. $21,500 inc tinting and rubber floor mats.
    Before I went with the Octavia .... One dealership offered tint, VW floor and dash mats and a guaranteed full tank of petrol.....that's the most I have ever been offered by any VW dealer ever. Getting mats on a golf once was like pulling teeth.

Somehow I don't think they are selling as well as you might otherwise think (the 21,990 deal was extended from Dec 2015 to March 2016)
    Last edited by SGG; 14-02-2016 at 05:58 PM.

I went out and purchased a DSG trend line. well happy with the deal i got.

The Jetta is very good value for money,I wonder when the MK 7 will make its international debut ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast