Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 Jetta Issue (Rattle on idle)

Users Country Flag

I figured it would be that as it happens at random times and when i played around with my hoses it stops.
    I was never worried about it.
    Im just glad i didnt take my car in because id say they would have tried to change components in the car. Id rather not have uneeded repair work.
    but I know my waterpump needs replacing but thats a given in VWs other then that ive driven 15000 no majour issues
    2015 1.4 118 TSI Manual Jetta - APR CAI - GFB Diverter Valve - WORK SEEKER SX 18X8.5+35 - Muffler Delete - BC Coilovers - RCD 510

Users Country Flag
    I'd take it in mate, and get everything sorted under warranty. I've just picked mine up from having new DSG clutch packs fitted, rear brakes replaced and handbrake adjusted and fuel line rattles cured - all under warranty. All in a 2.5 yr old 22,000km car. Not happy !!

I think the quality of the Mexican built VWs leaves a lot to be desired compared to the German built ones.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by JettaPom View Post
    I'd take it in mate, and get everything sorted under warranty. I've just picked mine up from having new DSG clutch packs fitted, rear brakes replaced and handbrake adjusted and fuel line rattles cured - all under warranty. All in a 2.5 yr old 22,000km car. Not happy !!

I think the quality of the Mexican built VWs leaves a lot to be desired compared to the German built ones.
    Wow really,
    Havent had any issues im at 15000 just the rattle from fuel lines and water pump which im not surprised even that doesnt worry me.
    hopefully starts to go well for you and that mine continues.
    Ive got 5 yrs warranty so eh im good.
    2015 1.4 118 TSI Manual Jetta - APR CAI - GFB Diverter Valve - WORK SEEKER SX 18X8.5+35 - Muffler Delete - BC Coilovers - RCD 510

The noise seems to have mostly gone funnily enough, I hear it every now and then but nowhere near as loud as it was and a heap less frequent. Car has about 4500 K's on it now so fingers crossed it was just something settling in.
    2015 Manual TSi Jetta
    1998 R34 Skyline

Well it seems the noise is back, Noticed it doing it every now and then over the past few weeks, More so in the heat, but it has done so in the cooler mornings also. Really cant be ass'd to get VW to look at it again. I really wish there was a definitive answer on weather or not its just normal for these cars. Someone mentioned before the fuel line rattle, But i can't really tell if it makes a difference or not when i move them around a bit.
    2015 Manual TSi Jetta
    1998 R34 Skyline

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CannonShane View Post
    Well it seems the noise is back, Noticed it doing it every now and then over the past few weeks, More so in the heat, but it has done so in the cooler mornings also. Really cant be ass'd to get VW to look at it again. I really wish there was a definitive answer on weather or not its just normal for these cars. Someone mentioned before the fuel line rattle, But i can't really tell if it makes a difference or not when i move them around a bit.
    Did you get an outcome for this mate?
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12