Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Jetta build thread and advice seeking

My Jetta build thread and advice seeking

Hey guys,

Thought I'd make a build thread for my Highline 147tsi Jetta also a good section to get some advice/ feedback I the mods I've done/doing in future as I don't tend to buy Pre done kits for a lot of things.

Haven't done much to the car yet

Wish list
    - revo stage 1 tune
    - gli grills
    - new headlights and tail lights
    -new Bluetooth unit to make avrcp work with my RNS510 properly.
    - new rims and tyres undecided yet
    - undecided on exhaust
    - way later down the track a k04 upgrade

What I've done so far
    - lots of vcds tweaks like mirror down, mirror close on lock
    - boot lip installed
    - custom DIY air intake.

Made my intake with flexible piping from super cheap and a pod from there but will change the pod for a slightly smaller diameter one as it doesn't sit as low down as I'd like. Made a custom heat shield for it aswell which essentially does more of a job of directing ghetto air from factory grill section straight to pod and somewhat prevent heat Soak. (This is where I'd like feedback)

Pics below

Heatshield being made

I took Inspiration from the cts turbo intake kit. I will most likely change the pipe later on down the track I didn't so much make this one for performance more the lovely whoosh sound haha.
    I'll be changing the pod to a smaller more cylindrical shape to fit better and further down the pan. All in all that setup cost me about $90 for the pipe pod sheet metal and paint and some time

What you guys think ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Some better detail on intske bring made

Bought the flexi pipe and pod

Use factory turbo inlet pipe to secure flexible pipe

Had pod directly to MAF however I found this restricted my placement options so I chopped flexible in half and relocated maf in between the 2

As for heat shield all i used was some aluminium sheet metal from bunnings angle grinder and some bolts used cardboard for a rough template and painted with Matte black heat resistant paint

Users Country Flag
    Nice Jetta mate, if you're serious about the K04 I'd suggest saving up and doing that all at once over tuning to a stage 1 and then re-tuning etc. when you do the K04. If i could turn back time, i'd do it all in 1 go. Good luck
    K04 Jetta

Quote Originally Posted by VWJetta View Post
    Nice Jetta mate, if you're serious about the K04 I'd suggest saving up and doing that all at once over tuning to a stage 1 and then re-tuning etc. when you do the K04. If i could turn back time, i'd do it all in 1 go. Good luck
    I would do that but I'm an impulsive buyer and just like to buy things especially car bits and pieces haha

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by amascaro08 View Post
    I would do that but I'm an impulsive buyer and just like to buy things especially car bits and pieces haha

Totally understand, it's an addiction..
    K04 Jetta

Users Country Flag
    Nice, I've got the same model in white. I'm looking to change rims (at some stage, preferably when the current tyres are due to be replaced lol). Maybe an exhaust and a DSG tune. Not sure I want to do much else. Do you find much difference with the intake? I was tempted by something like the Carbonio setup.

Everything else I've done is cosmetic like LED number plate lights, boot light and DRLs. Maybe a GLI front bar one day, they look so much nicer.
    Nathan

Mine - 2013 MY13 VW Jetta 147TSI | Now with 3Bar ECU and DSG Tunes
    Hers - 2016 MY17 Skoda Fabia Wagon Premium Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Nafe75 View Post
    Nice, I've got the same model in white. I'm looking to change rims (at some stage, preferably when the current tyres are due to be replaced lol). Maybe an exhaust and a DSG tune. Not sure I want to do much else. Do you find much difference with the intake? I was tempted by something like the Carbonio setup.

Everything else I've done is cosmetic like LED number plate lights, boot light and DRLs. Maybe a GLI front bar one day, they look so much nicer.
    I've seen those carbonio ones !! In terms of performance I think there is a difference especially since I've now changed the pod to a smaller one that fits better, but if there is its fairly small I suspect I won't reap the benefits of it until I tune the car.

Same here a lot of what I am doing first would be cosmetic, I'm happy with the current bumper but deffinately prefer the gli grilles I reckon they set the car of much nicer

So I've made some edits to the intake, got a smaller pod and used an aluminium pipe from pod to MAF looks a lot cleaner now

And also reverted back to factory pipe to turbo inlet pipe from other side of maf

Nice looking Jetta,I would keep the standard alloys,they are awesome and suit the car perfectly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast