Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where did you get your OBD11 from?

Delete 10char
    Last edited by MatC; 26-09-2017 at 09:14 AM. Reason: found the answer

Users Country Flag
    hmm.......... am I reading the prices correctly? $99 from above - what is the cost of a OBD11 Pro from autoinstruct? I must be missing something - perhaps it's the cost of shipping that's different!

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Autoinstruct, and others, prices recently went up to $99 for the dongle plus $30 for the pro app.
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooboy View Post
    Autoinstruct, and others, prices recently went up to $99 for the dongle plus $30 for the pro app.
    rooboy:...........but not apparently @ Euro Car Upgrades! Still $99 for the Pro unit. Charging $30 more for exactly the same device that yesterday cost $99 is a classic example of charging what the market will bear - not cost plus margin!

If I was interested in buying an OBD11 dongle, I would quickly buy from Euro Car - I bet London to a brick that their price will magically rise by amazingly $30 in the very near future (or autoinstruct price will drop back to $99 - less likely). Somehow I think that someone has made a boo-boo in the franchise agreement with VOLTAS-IT (the manufacturers)

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 27-09-2017 at 09:50 AM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Yes don. Apparently I left my run too late with autoinstruct - the week before I bought it was $99 for the dongle and pro upgrade but by the time I was ready to buy the price had jumped but so had a couple of other sites I checked. If I had have found the Euro Car Upgrades site I would have tried there.
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Users Country Flag
    To clarify the pricing the PRO units are currently available from our website.
    Last edited by Euro Car Upgrades; 02-08-2019 at 01:34 PM.

So now it's 2019 & the dongle is on sale for $139 (down from $175). That's for the original one, there is also a next generation one out as well.

So, I need the dongle to connect to my device. Am I correct in that I need to purchase a licence as well, to use it? Am I correct that I also need to purchase 'credits' in order to use? How much value is there in the 'credits' & how long do they last?

I basically want to code out my auto stop/start to disable it, but will probably use it for other things on occasion as well.

Thanks!
    Current: MY18 TRANSPORTER CrewVan, Indium Grey
    Previous: MY10 Tiguan 2.0TSI, Silver Leaf, APR StgII tune + many mod's

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by MGV View Post
    So now it's 2019 & the dongle is on sale for $139 (down from $175). That's for the original one, there is also a next generation one out as well.

So, I need the dongle to connect to my device. Am I correct in that I need to purchase a licence as well, to use it? Am I correct that I also need to purchase 'credits' in order to use? How much value is there in the 'credits' & how long do they last?

I basically want to code out my auto stop/start to disable it, but will probably use it for other things on occasion as well.

Thanks!
    You need the Pro version and can buy one for $139 from here if they have any left.

Audi VW Skoda OBDeleven PRO Diagnostics & Coding Bluetooth Dongle Device

You only need credits to use the apps and if you do the coding you dont need apps. You get 6 free credits a day by opening program and reading 5 ads. Coding stop start out takes about 3 mins and is easy as. There is a list of codings on the Autoinstuct page for various VW's
    Like this for the Tiguan

Volkswagen MK2 Tiguan OBDeleven / VCDS Tweaks List – AutoInstruct

New model is well over $225 and isnt much different but is faster apparently

You register the dongle and it gives you use of all the facilities for ever as far as I know.

Most Apps use 10 credits but some use 100. 500 credits are about $75 I think Ive never bought any and have over 200 from daily free ones and I have done about 10 app uses on the car plus 12 lots of coding.

Coding works best.
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 01-08-2019 at 07:56 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Thanks for clearing all that up for me, Hillbilly! Reckon I will give it a go. Cheers

Jeez they want $38 to post it to me! Must come in a box the size of a small suitcase & weigh 5kg... Unless it's coming from EU.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast