Thread: Traffic sign recognition

Users Country Flag

Traffic sign recognition

Is it possible to activate traffic sign recognition on Tiguan mk2 (with active info display) without navigation?

Or is this only possible on cars with navigation?

Skickat från min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Brobbe View Post
    Is it possible to activate traffic sign recognition on Tiguan mk2 (with active info display) without navigation?

Or is this only possible on cars with navigation?

Skickat från min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    I hope it can be done. I tried but when coding the car doesnt have the A5 adaption channel installed so it will just say error.
    1.4 Tsi R-Line Manual (South Africa)

You need to have the Lane Assist camera installed.

From my experience. The next problem people have after coding it is that the NAV data for Australia doesn't work in unison with the Traffic Sign Recognition, so when you set it up, you need to put the system into "Road Sign" detection only, instead of "Fusion". This means you will loose your speed limit data from your Nav system as well as obtain an annoying warning that pops up after a few minutes of driving (only once per driving session), saying something like "Sign Recognition Restricted". The cool thing is, it does pickup signs, but thanks to how bad we sign our roads, the information is not updated frequently enough. In summary, the whole thing would work nicely but our stupid navigation data for Australia simply doesn't like to "Fuse" with the camera data.
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD