Support VWWC

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tiguan Haldex Malfunction .. VCDS test help !

Users Country Flag

Will do it tonight after work / tomorrow morning for you.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Will do it tonight after work / tomorrow morning for you.
    Thanks Bud..
    2013 Tiguan 155kW DSG | Leather | Bi Xenon's | Park Assist 2.0 | Panoramic Sunroof | RCD 510 | RVC | MDI
    Mods: APR K04 v3.1 | HPA Haldex | S3 Intercooler | Custom 3" Quad Tip Exhaust | Carbonio Intake | WL HD RSB | GFB DV+ | Koni Yellow Sport Struts & Eibach Springs | HP LCAs | Custom Audio ( Alpine MRX V70 , Audison Bit Ten , Dynamat , Stealth Sub ) | Car Tablet | CB Radio | Sports Pedals | RLine Door Sills | Wheel Arch Extensions | 3 Bar MAP & BKR8EIX | RT VCDS .... Performance: 0 - 100 km/h, 5.0 seconds ( Racelogic PBox tested ) Tiguan Build Thread

Users Country Flag

Tiguan Haldex Malfunction .. VCDS test help !

Just ran it again twice "back-to-back" as requested - the pump and clutch etc DIDN'T activate (not audiably anyway) on the 2nd test, but they did in the first.

1st test:

2nd test: (note current is zero because pump didnt activate in the 2nd test)

Last edited by Lucas_R; 02-11-2013 at 01:50 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Just ran it again twice "back-to-back" as requested - the pump and clutch etc DIDN'T activate (not audiably anyway) on the 2nd test, but they did in the first.

1st test:

2nd test: (note current is zero because pump didnt activate in the 2nd test)

Thanks, My haldex is acting same. Did complete test on pump part by part, it work perfectly. Haldex oil service is done. Solenoid is also working. So it is either controller or complete haldex diff. Getting HPA performance haldex controller next week.
    If it solves my problem all good. Otherwise long time frontwheel drive.
    2013 Tiguan 155kW DSG | Leather | Bi Xenon's | Park Assist 2.0 | Panoramic Sunroof | RCD 510 | RVC | MDI
    Mods: APR K04 v3.1 | HPA Haldex | S3 Intercooler | Custom 3" Quad Tip Exhaust | Carbonio Intake | WL HD RSB | GFB DV+ | Koni Yellow Sport Struts & Eibach Springs | HP LCAs | Custom Audio ( Alpine MRX V70 , Audison Bit Ten , Dynamat , Stealth Sub ) | Car Tablet | CB Radio | Sports Pedals | RLine Door Sills | Wheel Arch Extensions | 3 Bar MAP & BKR8EIX | RT VCDS .... Performance: 0 - 100 km/h, 5.0 seconds ( Racelogic PBox tested ) Tiguan Build Thread

Finally haldex module showed an error code which is

Address 22: AWD Labels: None
    Control Module Part Number: 0AY 907 554 E HW: 0AY 907 554 E
    Component and/or Version: Haldex 4Motion 0043
    Software Coding: 0000005
    Work Shop Code: WSC 00000 000 00000
    VCID: 4D91B420D45102762F5-8018
    1 Fault Found:

02248 - Valve for Controlling Clutch Operating Angle (N373)
    014 - Defective - Intermittent
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 00101110
    Fault Priority: 3
    Fault Frequency: 1
    Reset counter: 38
    Mileage: 12611 km
    Time Indication: 0

Any one has some idea what could this be?

Users Country Flag
    Why don't you get VW dealer to diagnose it?
    You must have the new car warranty, it's 2013 model. Even, if they wouldn't honour your warranty because of the mods, at least you would get "an another opinion".

Have a look on Ross-tech as they have explanations for a lot of the faults there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    Why don't you get VW dealer to diagnose it?
    You must have the new car warranty, it's 2013 model. Even, if they wouldn't honour your warranty because of the mods, at least you would get "an another opinion".
    It would be my last option. Removing all mods and flashing back to original going to be costly and risky. That's why I need to diagnose before and if it is complete haldex failure all back to stock and go to the dealer. It is all about cost benefit analysis.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramee View Post
    It would be my last option. Removing all mods and flashing back to original going to be costly and risky. That's why I need to diagnose before and if it is complete haldex failure all back to stock and go to the dealer. It is all about cost benefit analysis.
    Either the way you taking a risk that they will find out that the car had increased performance. So, if it was me, I would play fair and took my chances and drive to the dealer with the car as is.

Users Country Flag

So after reading this, I may have a similar problem. It never occured to me as the car only has 30k on it but when the front wheels start slipping there is no power transfer to the rear wheels and the its stuck spinning just the one front wheel. Although this has only happened twice, once on snow, once on a slightly muddy surface, it does however screech wheels on hard take offs. Is this normal behavior or a likely fault?
    thanks in advance

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234