Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you to Don and (of course) more questions!!

Thank you to Don and (of course) more questions!!

Hello Don from snowy, cold, yucky Michigan.

Many thanks for the advice in these forums! My ‘17 Alltrack is a work in progress and the tips I learn here are great!

Now for the question(s):
    - can halogen headlight brightness be changed (as was possible in my B7 Passat)
    -can the fog lamps be turned on in parking position without the Euro switch (as the American market switch can’t be pulled out in park position)

Again, many thanks for your nanoscale attention to detail in your responses!

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Bill: many thanks for the kind words - notwithstanding the quid-pro-quo kicker!!

Regardless of whether you have halogen, or HID headlights and irrespective of whether you are driving a NAR, or RoW model mk7, the low-beam lamps will be controlled by the "Leuchte-sets" Leuchte6ABL LC5 (left-side) and Leuchte7ABL RB1 (right-side). On HIDs, these Leuchte-sets also control high-beam (because the fittings are Bi-Xenon), but on incandescent assemblies, the Leucthe-set normally only contains the one leuchte-command: Abblendlicht links (left-side), or Abblendlicht rechts (right-side). The illumination level for the Halogen low-beam lamps is ALWAYS factory set by Dimmwert AB channel in these 2 x Leuchte-sets to 100 - so maximum value!

So this is a long way of saying - you can dim these lamps, but you can't increase the illumination level of the low-beams - alas!

To turn-on the front fogs when the rotary light switch is in the Parking Light position (as well as when the center detente is pulled-out) try this:

You haven't said, but I'm assuming that you are using OBD11

Go to the Central electrics module, then to adaptation, then:

Leuchte12NL LB45-Lichtfunktion C 12 (left-side) and Leuchte13NL RB5-Lichtfunktion C 13 (right-side) > only if the current setting is not active, change to Standlicht vorn (Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht)

Leuchte12NL LB45-Dimmwert CD 12 (left-side) and Leuchte13NL RB5-Dimmwert CD 13 (right-side) > only if the current setting is 0, change to100

At some stage after you press the GO button (the green circle with tick), OBD11 will ask you for the magic number 31347.

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 16-02-2018 at 10:45 AM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Thank you Don!!!! I will try everything you suggested!!!!

Users Country Flag
    Hey webtrack

Fellow alltrack owner here

Just with the steering wheel on the correct side of the car lol

Hope your enjoying yours as much as i am mine mate

Happy motoring hope to keep seeing you around
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Quote Originally Posted by Webtrack View Post

- can halogen headlight brightness be changed (as was possible in my B7 Passat)
    This had me intrigued as I had never heard of any sort of brightness control.

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    So this is a long way of saying - you can dim these lamps, but you can't increase the illumination level of the low-beams - alas!
    This brought me back to earth!

So what your saying Don, is that we plebs with halogen headlights in our VWs can have dim or dimmer!

Cheers

George
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

Quote Originally Posted by Kachingg View Post
    Hey webtrack

Hey Kachingg! I’m having a great time with it. It has a proper handbrake which makes left hand turns easier at 60 mph!!!!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by VW Convert View Post
    So what your saying Don, is that we plebs with halogen headlights in our VWs can have dim or dimmer!
    Dim or Dimmer. Sounds like a great movie name. Perhaps they can use that when they make the Dieselgate movie

Quote Originally Posted by Kachingg View Post
    Hey webtrack

Hey Kachingg!

Haven’t been on since your summer Thank you to Don and (of course) more questions!!

I have since installed a JB4, deautokey lights so bright which can be seen from orbit, Unitronic ECU and TCU tune. Done lots of OBDELEVEN and VCDS coding. Just bought a used Neuspeed FMIC and used IS20 turbo.——> hello 300+ HP soon!!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Webtrack View Post
    Hey Kachingg!

Haven’t been on since your summer Thank you to Don and (of course) more questions!!

I have since installed a JB4, deautokey lights so bright which can be seen from orbit, Unitronic ECU and TCU tune. Done lots of OBDELEVEN and VCDS coding. Just bought a used Neuspeed FMIC and used IS20 turbo.——> hello 300+ HP soon!!

Nice work sounds like a beast

Beats my diesel for sure only making 225 hp and 354 foot pounds on mine still goes hard tho 6.5 sec to 62mph is good for a oiler the roll on torque in 3rd and 4th gear (5th to but that's lose your license in a hurry speeds they actually impound your car here if you go to fast) is amazing

Don't forget to upgrade the rear swaybar if you like cornering i did mine and the linkages got it set up stiff and the nose just tucks in and the body stays flat better than my friends stock gti!

Keep us updated

Happy motoring
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

354 lb ft...🤤
    WANT lol.

What rear bar did you use?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast