Thread: Returning to Adelaide - VCDS help

Returning to Adelaide - VCDS help

Hi,

Was looking for help or suggestions for my Multivan. It is a 2010 5.1 originally from Queensland that went to the UK with me when I moved in late 2015 (couldn't sell it in time).

In the UK I had the country code changed via VCDS to get a MPH speedo and odometer.

I'm now back in Adelaide and the van will be coming out of the container in the next week or so. Is there a recommended place in Adelaide that won't rip me off for 5 mins coding to restore the KPH?

Thanks

Matt

Users Country Flag
    It's getting around!
    2018 Crafter Runner
    T5.2 6sp manual.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmash View Post
    Hi,

Was looking for help or suggestions for my Multivan. It is a 2010 5.1 originally from Queensland that went to the UK with me when I moved in late 2015 (couldn't sell it in time).

In the UK I had the country code changed via VCDS to get a MPH speedo and odometer.

I'm now back in Adelaide and the van will be coming out of the container in the next week or so. Is there a recommended place in Adelaide that won't rip me off for 5 mins coding to restore the KPH?

Thanks

Matt
    I have VCDS and live in Adelaide.
    I have an Audi, but should be able to work it out.
    From what I've read, need to go through Instruments > Coding, and then change the third bit.
    4 for UK, 1 for Europe.
    Your current coding should be similar to 01412.. so if changed to 01112.. that would then set it to Europe (Metric, Kms).

Still learning with VCDS, but happy to help. Give me a PM if you don't get any better offers
    Cheers, James

Users Country Flag
    Hey James, I live in Adelaide and have a Skoda and am considering some VCDS tweaks - can I ask what version of the cable/software you have? And where you bought it? I am not sure whether to arrange to have a go with someones cable (provided someone like you would be happy to help out another novice like myself) or invest in a cable... Which part of Adelaide are you from?

Quote Originally Posted by Enobar View Post
    Hey James, I live in Adelaide and have a Skoda and am considering some VCDS tweaks - can I ask what version of the cable/software you have? And where you bought it? I am not sure whether to arrange to have a go with someones cable (provided someone like you would be happy to help out another novice like myself) or invest in a cable... Which part of Adelaide are you from?
    I'm not James, but I'm in Adelaide and I have just got myself a VCDS cable and I could use some help to get started.

I'm in Stirling.

Nick
    2007 Golf 2.0 TDI Comfortline DSG/ESP
    MY15.5 Octavia RS Wagon 135TDI, Race Blue, 18" Black Pack, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Auto Tailgate, Panoramic Sunroof