Thread: Recode Golf 7 new AGM battery - Carista or OBD11

Users Country Flag

Recode Golf 7 new AGM battery - Carista or OBD11

I had to replace the EFB battery in my Golf 7 GTI and upgraded it to an AGM battery. I need to code the new battery details and wouldn't mind changing a few other options. Only likely to use it on a single vehicle and mods would be minor. Would the Carista and OBDeleven allow me to code the new battery?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieGTI7 View Post
    I had to replace the EFB battery in my Golf 7 GTI and upgraded it to an AGM battery. I need to code the new battery details and wouldn't mind changing a few other options. Only likely to use it on a single vehicle and mods would be minor. Would the Carista and OBDeleven allow me to code the new battery?
    Stevie: OBD11 certainly would work - did you buy a BEM battery - which has a sticker containing all the relevant details?

If so, here's how it's done

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 05-11-2017 at 12:26 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks Don. It's not a BEM but I do have the battery specs available to input. Will be switching off stop/start as the first mod.
    Cheers.
    Stevie.

Users Country Flag

As an aside, if I wanted to put a standard lead acid into my Tiguan as a replacement for the existing AGM, does that mean its possible providing I reset the battery details? I'm aware there's probably capacity issues, but the AGM doesn't seem to last as long
    2012 TDi DSG Tiguan
    2011 TDi DSG Octavia Wagon