Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Memory seats tweak - Easy Access

Users Country Flag

oh wow. this was one of the first tweaks i did when i played around with the VCDS (same as you just stumbled across it) and i confirm it only moves a few cm but i believe that's enough to save the foam in your seats. however i haven't been squished yet - touch wood hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY10.5 Candy White VW Passat .:R36 Wagon
    3.6L VR6 Petrol 220kW 350Nm
    RVC . 9w7 Bluetooth . OPS . MK7 Climatronics . Sunroof . Dynaudio Upgrade . RNS510 . 18" Alloy Wheels

Users Country Flag
    Mine seems to have come right on its own I would say it moves more than 50mm back as I find i have to stretch to reach the pedals before it slides forward. Have it set to activate when I start the engine.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Is there any option to raise the steering wheel at the same time ? Lexus are quite good at this, wheel up and seat right back.
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    So had my first gremlin with this feature the other day...

Got in the car and started, seat started to move forward...then continued on and on in forward motion until I was squashed up against the steering wheel.

I held down preset 1 and seat returned to normal position and it hasn't recurred. I thought it was pretty funny but can see how it could potentially be problematic for someone who is older or larger or pregnant for example.
    Just a heads up, I seem to recall that bug from some years ago and from memory it sort of fell out of favour because of it. Imagine the problem if a pregnant woman had it happen to her, the result might not be nice.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by JustCruisn View Post
    Is there any option to raise the steering wheel at the same time ? Lexus are quite good at this, wheel up and seat right back.
    Probably hard to do with a manual wheel adjustment as you have to loosen the lock first
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Just updated mine via OBDeleven - a very easy adjustment to make. It moves in upon pressing the start button and back when I open the door to get out.
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12