Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with coding please

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hawk View Post
    Do you have a multimeter or a test light to test across the fuse?
    My son does. Checking all that on the weekend. Thanks

Users Country Flag
    Please report back to the forum with your outcome. It helps anyone else who may have a similar issue in the future
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Please report back to the forum with your outcome. It helps anyone else who may have a similar issue in the future
    I will

It ended up being the connection plug wasnt quite connected.
    The fans now work but still both coming on high speed for about 5 minutes after engine is turned off.
    I replaced the coolant temp. sensor next to the battery but that didnt fix it.
    No fault codes.
    Does any one know where all the temp. sensors are?

Users Country Flag
    The fans will run to cool the engine and particularly the turbo.
    Is the engine temp now normal when driving?
    Sound like you've already fixed the problem?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Yes temps are normal but the fans go flat out at high speeds for about 5 minutes after i turn the engine off every time i drive unless it doesnt get up to running temp.

Users Country Flag
    Any new fault codes?

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Any new fault codes?

No fault codes at all.

Users Country Flag
    ^^^ hm................. sounds perfectly reasonable behavior for a car that's driven in Queensland this time of year - especially if it's driven in the CBD (stop start traffic) - I think
    Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    ^^^ hm................. sounds perfectly reasonable behavior for a car that's driven in Queensland this time of year - especially if it's driven in the CBD (stop start traffic) - I think
    Don
    I wish Don but far from it. Ive never heard any Golf R's or Audi s3 engines do this. Both fans run at high speed for approx. 5 minutes on a hot day or cool day after engine is turned off.
    Last edited by richierichaudis3; 11-01-2017 at 07:58 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12