Support VWWC

Thread: Four Keys; Two Cars

Users Country Flag

Four Keys; Two Cars

Hi, all!

As the title suggests - I have four keys; and two cars.
    Three flip-FOBs
    One "Mk4 key"

Is it possible to program all four keys; and two cars; to run the same coding for lock/unlock?
    Yes, I'm aware the key barrells will be different - what I'm trying to acheive is not having to walk downstairs with two keys if I need to open both cars. Press button once; both cars unlock.

Help!
    2012 Octavia vRS TDI. Darkside big turbo, 3bar tune, other stuff. 200kW/650Nm.
    1990 Mk1 Cabrio. 1.9 IDI w/ 18PSI.
    1985 Mazda T3500 adventuremobile. 1973 Superbug. 1972 Volvo 144 in poo-brown.
    Not including hers...

youre crazy!

the answer is that it depends. Have a read on the VCDS information pages with repect ot mk6 golf - that would be a good start i'd say.
    '07 Touareg V6 TDI with air suspension
    '98 Mk3 Cabriolet 2.0 8V
    '99 A4 Quattro 1.8T

Users Country Flag
    I think you should just close this thread and put it down as a silly question asked. Why don't you just put a little mark on the keys for one car, or use colour tags? I think you are asking for big trouble.
    | 2016 VW Golf R 7 | DSG | Pure White | Leather | Sunroof | Driver Assist | JB4 |
    | 2003 VW Golf SE | Auto | Silver | Sunroof |
    | 2010 VW Golf R 6 | Manual | Leather | ACC | 19s | Black Pack | GIAC Stage 2+ |

Users Country Flag
    no you cant, because the codes shift and the two cars/key sets will shift with a different algorithm

Users Country Flag

^^^^ I suspect the answer is "perhaps" - but it will depend on the immo version in the 4 x cars! If you own a VCDS cable and if your vehicles have UDS protocol instrument module, you should be able to get to the screen-shot below via advanced measurement

The identifier of the key in the ignition will be given by entry Transponder ID current Key-Key Transponder ID and the identity of the two programmed keys will be given by the 1-Key and 2-Key entries (last two rows in the table). If you are using a "correct" key - then the current Key entry should be the same as either 1-Key, or 2-Key.

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.