Thread: Adjust drl intensity

Users Country Flag

Adjust drl intensity

When I active the foglights on my Tiguan - 17, the drls are dimming down in intensity.

Is it possible to adjust this (increase The drl intensity when the foglights are on) with vcds?

Thanks!

Best regards
    Fredrik Broberg
    Sweden

Skickat från min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

Adjust drl intensity

I'm pretty sure this would be illegal in Australia, and since we follow the Europeans with respect to DRL legislation, probably illegal in Sweden as well. Before you try and determine if it is technically possible you might want to inform yourself if it is allowed.
    Daily: 2010 Tiguan TDI | Candy White | Manual | 4MOTION | New York Wheels | Comfort Pack | Tinted Windows | Discover Media | MkVI MFSW | Mk7 Climatronic | RVC | Fog Lights | ECB Nudge Bar | Hella 160 Driving Lights | Rola RBXL135 Cross Bars | To Do: Colour MFD
    Toy: 2008 GTI Pirelli | Sunflower Yellow | 3 Door | DSG | Pirelli Wheels | RNS-510 | 9W7 Bluetooth | RVC | Rear Sensors | Fog Lights | To Do: Mk7 Climatronics, MkVI MFSW, Colour MFD

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by arcadelt View Post
    I'm pretty sure this would be illegal in Australia, and since we follow the Europeans with respect to DRL legislation, probably illegal in Sweden as well. Before you try and determine if it is technically possible you might want to inform yourself if it is allowed.
    No, it is illegal in sweden as well, but I made this mod on my Audi a4 and had it 3 years without problems. It is a very common mod/tweak on Audis here in sweden.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Brobbe View Post
    No, it is illegal in sweden as well, but I made this mod on my Audi a4 and had it 3 years without problems. It is a very common mod/tweak on Audis here in sweden.
    OK. Unfortunately I do not have a 2017 Tiguan, so cannot help with your question. By the way, it may not have been a problem for you for three years, but it may have been a problem for every oncoming driver during that time.
    Daily: 2010 Tiguan TDI | Candy White | Manual | 4MOTION | New York Wheels | Comfort Pack | Tinted Windows | Discover Media | MkVI MFSW | Mk7 Climatronic | RVC | Fog Lights | ECB Nudge Bar | Hella 160 Driving Lights | Rola RBXL135 Cross Bars | To Do: Colour MFD
    Toy: 2008 GTI Pirelli | Sunflower Yellow | 3 Door | DSG | Pirelli Wheels | RNS-510 | 9W7 Bluetooth | RVC | Rear Sensors | Fog Lights | To Do: Mk7 Climatronics, MkVI MFSW, Colour MFD

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brobbe View Post
    When I active the foglights on my Tiguan - 17, the drls are dimming down in intensity.

Is it possible to adjust this (increase The drl intensity when the foglights are on) with vcds?

Thanks!

Best regards
    Fredrik Broberg
    Sweden

Fredrick: Hi. : The legality and danger/discomfort to on-coning drivers is a fair point - but I would have thought that the fact that fogs have a wide/low beam pattern would have a mitigating effect the latter concern. For me, the more pertinent question is how effective the combination of fogs/bright DRLs would be on a foggy day. Fog lights are installed low to the ground in an attempt to get-under the fog, but if bright DRLs shine directly into the mist - it's likely to be blinding (for you as the driver, not for oncoming traffic)

Anyhow, if you want to persist - I'm certainly not an expert on the new Tiggy, but I believe that it is now built on a MQB platform. This being so, it shares many of the attributes of other MQB vehicles - like the Golf mk7 and Audi A3 8V. If this pedigree has meant that the Tiggy has inherited a similar BCM, then the lighting control for the car's 35 exterior lamps happens via Leuchte-sets (being a bunch (x19) of associated adaptation channels).

Have you made an adaptation channel map for the BCM in the new Tiggy? If so, if you post-up a copy (or a link to a third party hosting site) - we can have a look at the settings.

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.