Thread: Where is the AC condenser drain in Superb MK III?

Users Country Flag

Question Where is the AC condenser drain in Superb MK III?

Over the long weekend I drove from Sydney to Port Macquarie in my MY17 Super 206 Sedan. Everything was pleasant and the drive was amazing. Today I stopped near lighthouse beach and I noticed a bit water/liquid underneath the car, I wasn't sure if it was coming from my car as I parked in spot where another car has just moved. Anyway, I drove around 8 KMs to BP petrol station to fill up before heading back to Sydney, I looked again underneath the car, and again there was a bit of water and it was dripping non stop.

I took a picture to show where the dripping is coming from (front wheels). Is that the AC condenser drainage? I've had the car for 5 weeks and I use the AC all the time, but I haven't seen any water draining from the car before.

Where is the AC condenser drain in Superb MK III?-wp_20161227_12_39_42_rich_li-jpg

Many thanks.

Users Country Flag
    Evaporator drain.

It's in the hump in the floor, under the dash, in front of the centre console.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post
    Evaporator drain.

It's in the hump in the floor, under the dash, in front of the centre console.
    Thanks Umai,

Is this normal? the amount of water in the pic?

Users Country Flag
    Better out, than in.

It's just condensation on the evaporator core, since it's significantly colder than amibent temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post
    Better out, than in.

It's just condensation on the evaporator core, since it's significantly colder than amibent temperature.
    Ok that is good to hear then, it was a hot humid day.

Thanks again.

Users Country Flag
    The drain is near the exhaust, in the heat shield, in the hope it will evaporate in that area. Given the heat and humidity of our summer it will puddle like that.
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.

Quote Originally Posted by JustCruisn View Post
    The drain is near the exhaust, in the heat shield, in the hope it will evaporate in that area. Given the heat and humidity of our summer it will puddle like that.
    Thanks,
    I really got worried because I have never seen this much water coming out from that area in any of my cars before, I kept an eye on the water temperature (stayed sharp on 90 degrees) and oil temperature (104 - 109), so I kept driving until I reached home All is good.