Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Vcds changes

Users Country Flag

What is "traffic info" about?
    Shame about the indicator flashes not working for 5 instead of the current 3.

I'm tossing up between the OBDEleven or the Carrista.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dArK5HaD0w View Post
    What is "traffic info" about?

Traffic info shows traffic incidents on your Columbus. Things like congestion, slow traffic, accidents, road works, etc... Service is provided by SUNA and transmitted over FM. If enabled, Columbus will take traffic incidents into consideration when calculating your route. I have found it to be useful sometimes, others said it is not that accurate.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dArK5HaD0w View Post

hmm......... there is an in-car procedure that must be done after the adaptation channel setting is changed - you must reset the lights to factory settings in the MENU screen before the change takes effect. Did you do this?

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Nope, on the obdeleven ,it just says change value to 0-3. I changed to 5 and still did 3 times, then I change back to 3

Users Country Flag
    I was reading about "pedestrian assist" in VW and Skoda... Is that enabled in Australia?

Users Country Flag
    I have enabled Traffic Sign Recognition, using the instructions from the Briskoda thread, but it wouldn't work, the maxidot was showing "no data available for the area.
    I managed to get it to work by changing the adaptation of "Road sign detection fusion mode" in A5 to Road Sign Detection.
    I'm still not sure why it wasn't working before? is the Australian navigation data not compatible with TSR?
    Anyone else had the same issue?
    I'm going to keep it on for a while to see if it is useful or not.
    EDIT: reading more about fusion mode, it seems this is a known issue in Australia, TSR in fusion mode is not allowed here.
    Last edited by Vexed; 26-08-2017 at 11:09 PM.

Users Country Flag
    mine has same problem,TSR works ok now, just an \ error message' dynamic road sign display currently restricted' pop up everyday. I just leave as it is then.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by pompom View Post
    mine has same problem,TSR works ok now, just an \ error message' dynamic road sign display currently restricted' pop up everyday. I just leave as it is then.
    Yes, I get that message as well... The camera also picks up the school zone 40 all the time as well... I guess aussie road sign definitions are not loaded into the camera module... I heard the Volvo XC90 and the new XC60 have TSR working in Australia properly...

Users Country Flag
    I asked on briskoda, says looks like a area problem which explains it.

Users Country Flag

So I had a go today, making some VCDS changes...

- DRL Whiskers = no luck, despite coding as per the instructions.
    - I changed the DRL to dim when side/park lights are on. previously they remained on full brightness.
    - I enabled DRLs with Rear Lights. This also turns on number plate lights, and instrument lights.
    - changed CH/LH to use fog lights instead of low beams
    - found the proper adaptation names and got HBA working - did a test drive and it works well
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast