Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vcds changes

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Enobar View Post
    Ross-tech. I've seen some horror stories of people using copies - either buy a real one or borrow, but don't trash your car with a copy - except for the OBD11 which is more limited but also quite good apparently
    wow, I can't believe I'm being asked like i'm an expert! lol. I only just started at this too, but the threads in Briskoda are excellent..

check this one in particular: Fogs as coming/departure lights are early in the thread.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topi...omment-4476927

From memory it was pretty much as stated in that thread.

High beam assist I can remember having to do something slightly different but it was essentially as detailed in Enrique's post on page 36 of this thread - about 1/2 way down. I have a feeling something was a tiny bit different but it was minor. If you have trouble I will go back in and see what i can find - I wish i took better notes sorry! I took photos of the settings along the way but when i got it to work successfully i deleted them.. The one thing I did not realise initially was that I had activated everything required, but you need to go into the light settings in your infotainment and switch it on before it works properly.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topi...b-iii/?page=36

I'm happy to help further if you have trouble, but believe me if I could work it out from that post and on the fly it must be pretty doable! lol.

As for video in motion, VCDS is not your answer - Ross Tech have specifically said thats the one thing they will never allow through their cable.

Users Country Flag
    You may need to enter the security access (SA) code before you can go into coding in the A5 front assist module.
    Enter 20103 then go into coding.
    Same applies for changing adaptation channel settings in 5F infotainment (has the same SA code 20103).
    VIM can be enabled with VCP with VIM module.
    I believe obdeleven can also do it with extra credits.
    Last edited by kamold; 24-06-2017 at 09:18 AM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    We were entering the code; 31347...

I might give it another go with code; 20103
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag
    wow, I can't believe I'm being asked like i'm an expert! lol. I only just started at this too, but the threads in Briskoda are excellent..
    lol....all good, and thanks for the help.

i'm used to doing vcds coding back with my mk2 RS days - but back then there was no security access code thingy-ma-jig.

speaking of, if the access code is wrong, does it tell u? or does it still go ahead and let u do it, but it won't work cause the access code was wrong?
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

I have an obdeleven and have done the following so far:
    Video in Motion
    Heated Seats Memory
    Discover Engineering Menu
    Locking and Unlocking Acoustic Signal
    Refuel Quantity in Dashboard
    Battery Charge Level

I will be looking to do the following soon:
    TSR
    Throttle Response
    Air Recirculation memory
    High Beam Assist
    Traffic Feature
    Disable Start Stop
    Auto Doorm Lock
    Disable Tailgate Beep

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Isn't auto door lock available as standard from the infotainment menu?

Quote Originally Posted by blueSup View Post
    I couldn't get the TSR to work on mine. The coding seemed way off on a few of the steps.
    I used this site for the window/sunroof stuff (https://sites.google.com/a/naturalne...dow-open-close)

Did you you have any problems with the sunroof? I can't get mine to open from the key instead of tilt.. it's one of the easiest vcds changes I've seen yet it's he one stumping me ATM!

Isn't auto door lock available as standard from the infotainment menu?
    I certainly have not seen it in mine but will have to check

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Did you you have any problems with the sunroof?
    I didn't go looking for a way to open it fully. It just tilts open. If I keep holding the button the sunshade retracts fully. The same for closing - I have to hold the button until the shade closes fully as it won't automatically close all the way.
    Looks like an investigation is due this weekend.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by blueSup View Post
    Mine fails to read any coding for Controller A5 as well. It comes up all zeros.
    blueSup: your observation regarding the Frt Sens. Drv. Assist control module @ address hexA5 may be because the module is correctly reporting a zero sequence for the code-string.

I'm not sure about the Skoda Superb, but the latest generation BCM for both the Golf mk7 and Audi A3 (both also built on MQB platform) similarly report a zero sequence for their code string. In these modules, the boffins @ VAG have transferred the software switches that were previously in the code string to adaptation channels.

Might be worth making an admap for the module and checking if the adaptation channel names refer to previous code switches.

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast