Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trim falling off again

Users Country Flag

Trim falling off again

So much for the fix to chrome trim over the doors on my 206. Hot weather returns & the trim over the rear door springs loose again! It seems the Skoda glue used in the fix softens in Australia's heat.

A great advertisement for your product Skoda; Every time I park, someone new draws my attention to it, just in case I hadn't noticed. More time to waste hanging around a dealer, getting it fixed for the 3rd time .......

A pity these little things, lack of attention to the detail detract from an otherwise great car.

Users Country Flag
    Should be put on with Stixaflex or M3 two way tape

My Inlaws Superb 140TDI MY17 keeps having the exact same issue.

Sent from my iPhone
    2014 VW Golf TDI Highline DSG - Limestone Green, DAP, Xenons
    2018 VW Golf R Hatch DSG - White Silver, DAP , Dynaudio
    2016 Skoda Superb 140TDI - Family Members
    2013 VW Amarok TDI420 Highline Auto - Family Members

Users Country Flag
    MY17 models should not have this issue as they fixed the design by then.
    Tis the earlier models that experienced door trim issues.

Quote Originally Posted by dArK5HaD0w View Post
    MY17 models should not have this issue as they fixed the design by then.
    Tis the earlier models that experienced door trim issues.
    Unfortunately for my Inlaws, they have been to the dealership 4 times so far.... just keeps coming loose and then breaking.

Sent from my iPhone
    2014 VW Golf TDI Highline DSG - Limestone Green, DAP, Xenons
    2018 VW Golf R Hatch DSG - White Silver, DAP , Dynaudio
    2016 Skoda Superb 140TDI - Family Members
    2013 VW Amarok TDI420 Highline Auto - Family Members

hi, i took mine into service for this - wty replaced the rubber seals and the trim, and glued it all together - time will tell this time.

Users Country Flag
    Glovebox keeps falling down in this demo/tester I’ve got for the weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MK6 MY10 Golf GTI, 5dr Manual, Carbon Steel, Detroits, Tint
    T6 MY06 Peugeot 307 HDi Touring, Manual, Iron Grey, Tint

Users Country Flag
    [QUOTE=Mi16 Man;1267217]Glovebox keeps falling down in this demo/tester I’ve got for the weekend]

Sorry to go off topic but how did you find it Mi16?

I had a 206 wagon about a month ago for the 2 days. While the extra go over my 125 Tdi was fun, i found the build quality very ho-hum and the whole cabin experience somewhat sterile.

Very disappointed.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I've just had the trim over the rear door fixed again. Hopefully....this time...
    One disappointing thing is the obvious misalignment of the front & rear chrome top trims now. It is functional, but the 4mm misalignment stands out as an epitaph to poor build quality.

The whole issue of quality & fit with this chrome strip above the doors on the 206 brings into question SKODA's claims of being "Simply Smarter". Not only the problems of fit & retention but also the cheap & nasty way the leading edge of the front door trim has been just cut off leaving a sharp edge which snags cleaning clothes & cuts fingers. Surely not too much to have had a rolled edge. It screams "Cheap & Nasty", on what is supposedly the flagship limousine of Skoda's range. If the trim problem disappeared after the MY16, one has to question why Skoda wouldn''t just fit the same rubbers & trim as the MY17, instead of buggeising around multiple times, with glues which keep failing. Penny wise, pound foolish?

My dealer at time of purchase was Trivet in Paramatta. They were a disgrace after order & their service non existent. Thompson Skoda do my services now. They've been terrific & I will keep using them.

My family owns three Skodas; Mine a 206 sedan, my sister an Octavia caught up in diesel-gate & my son a sporty Fabia. We are all happy driving the cars, but all increasingly disgusted by SKODA/VGAs performance.

I keep getting sales pitches from them, but nothing of substance. For my service due in April-May, Skoda sent me an "Complimentary Map Update" voucher. This turned out to be a cynical insult to anyone's intelligence, because there has not been any map update made available for my 206, since it was manufactured in October 2015!! That means the navigation system in utterly useless if you need to navigate to an address in a raft of newish suburbs across North & South Western Sydney. Not only that, but one cannot trust displayed speed limit information at all. It is more often wrong than right now. This is simply disgraceful. What does it say about Skoda's customer support when one has to buy & mount an easily updating Tomtom GPS on the dash, because the cars NAV system is so out of date?

Why don't you have any update SKODA AUSTRLIA? Why don't you have a mirror server in Australia, to support you customers & dealers, SKoda/VGA? Why do your service centres have to link all the way back to Europe to do diagnostics & updates during sevice Skoda/VGA? How many times has customers been inconvenienced & had to overnight cars at dealers servicing, because links back to Prague & Germany keep dropping out, Skoda /VGA? When will you get off your arses & actually support your customers & dealers properly?

I've contacted the "virtual Skoda" customer support within VW & received a response from one of these fobb off artists titled Customer Experience Ambassador SKODA Australia . This is the sum total of their response: Please be advised that your feedback will be monitored for future decisions. If anyone can translate into meaningful English for me, I'd appreciate it. My interpretation is, they are saying "we will monitor your feedback before making any decision to do anything". So, it appears the more stink I kick up, the more likely I'll force them to do something to stem bad publicity.

I love the the car as a driver, but I'm not likely to buy another Skoda, unless SKODA Australia/VGA decide to actually support their product, not just sell them.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by 2009fsi View Post
    I've just had the trim over the rear door fixed again. Hopefully....this time...
    One disappointing thing is the obvious misalignment of the front & rear chrome top trims now. It is functional, but the 4mm misalignment stands out as an epitaph to poor build quality.

The whole issue of quality & fit with this chrome strip above the doors on the 206 brings into question SKODA's claims of being "Simply Smarter". Not only the problems of fit & retention but also the cheap & nasty way the leading edge of the front door trim has been just cut off leaving a sharp edge which snags cleaning clothes & cuts fingers. Surely not too much to have had a rolled edge. It screams "Cheap & Nasty", on what is supposedly the flagship limousine of Skoda's range. If the trim problem disappeared after the MY16, one has to question why Skoda wouldn''t just fit the same rubbers & trim as the MY17, instead of buggeising around multiple times, with glues which keep failing. Penny wise, pound foolish?

My dealer at time of purchase was Trivet in Paramatta. They were a disgrace after order & their service non existent. Thompson Skoda do my services now. They've been terrific & I will keep using them.

My family owns three Skodas; Mine a 206 sedan, my sister an Octavia caught up in diesel-gate & my son a sporty Fabia. We are all happy driving the cars, but all increasingly disgusted by SKODA/VGAs performance.

I keep getting sales pitches from them, but nothing of substance. For my service due in April-May, Skoda sent me an "Complimentary Map Update" voucher. This turned out to be a cynical insult to anyone's intelligence, because there has not been any map update made available for my 206, since it was manufactured in October 2015!! That means the navigation system in utterly useless if you need to navigate to an address in a raft of newish suburbs across North & South Western Sydney. Not only that, but one cannot trust displayed speed limit information at all. It is more often wrong than right now. This is simply disgraceful. What does it say about Skoda's customer support when one has to buy & mount an easily updating Tomtom GPS on the dash, because the cars NAV system is so out of date?

Why don't you have any update SKODA AUSTRLIA? Why don't you have a mirror server in Australia, to support you customers & dealers, SKoda/VGA? Why do your service centres have to link all the way back to Europe to do diagnostics & updates during sevice Skoda/VGA? How many times has customers been inconvenienced & had to overnight cars at dealers servicing, because links back to Prague & Germany keep dropping out, Skoda /VGA? When will you get off your arses & actually support your customers & dealers properly?

I've contacted the "virtual Skoda" customer support within VW & received a response from one of these fobb off artists titled Customer Experience Ambassador SKODA Australia . This is the sum total of their response: Please be advised that your feedback will be monitored for future decisions. If anyone can translate into meaningful English for me, I'd appreciate it. My interpretation is, they are saying "we will monitor your feedback before making any decision to do anything". So, it appears the more stink I kick up, the more likely I'll force them to do something to stem bad publicity.

I love the the car as a driver, but I'm not likely to buy another Skoda, unless SKODA Australia/VGA decide to actually support their product, not just sell them.

2009fsi,
    Try the following link. Put in your VIN number and it will scan the Skoda system and should give you the link to update the maps yourself. I’ve done mine now 3 times and it works a treat.

Update portal
    Daily Drive: 2017 VW Arteon 206TSI, White, Fully optioned inc Sun Roof. APR Stage 1 + DSG, Gtechniq 10h Ceramic Coating, Ceramic Tint, Ceramic Front/Rear Brakes, Eibach Lowered Springs.

Weekend Drive: 2016 Golf GTI 40 Years (Clubsport) Tornado Red, DSG, Tint, Black Badges

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast