Thread: Traffic Sign Recognition

Traffic Sign Recognition

Has anybody got this working in the new superb and does it work in combination of the nav data?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    I enabled it for a play, it's pretty cool but has some quirks, such as recognising the yellow recommended signs near roundabouts and sharp bends as speed signs. A cool thing about it is you can set a warning threshold for +5kmh, +10kmh etc and it will warn based on the detected signs.

Unfortunately it does not work with the nav system in Australia, and will give a warning ding and message on the maxidot, as well as a warning on the vehicle status screen and log a fault code. A fun feature but I ended up turning it off again.

Quote Originally Posted by IMSancho View Post
    I enabled it for a play, it's pretty cool but has some quirks, such as recognising the yellow recommended signs near roundabouts and sharp bends as speed signs. A cool thing about it is you can set a warning threshold for +5kmh, +10kmh etc and it will warn based on the detected signs.

Unfortunately it does not work with the nav system in Australia, and will give a warning ding and message on the maxidot, as well as a warning on the vehicle status screen and log a fault code. A fun feature but I ended up turning it off again.
    Sorry... not entirely sure what the errors are for. Is the warning message and ding because you are over the recommended yellow signs.... or is it throwing errors because of another reason.

If you just wanted the last speed detected to show on your display would that work?

Users Country Flag
    Didn't even know the superb had traffic sign recognition. Going to have a look now.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Braedz View Post
    Didn't even know the superb had traffic sign recognition. Going to have a look now.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    It is built for euro standards and our proles is not our speed signs but other signs that can confuse it. In Europe it will warn you when you are speeding and the system works in conjunction with the nav data. The problem in Australia is the nav data is apparently not compatible but there has just been an update. .. so maybe a slim chance...

I believe that at its most basic setting it will just display the last sign detected in your maxi dot display and I would be happy with that.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn_Batten View Post
    Sorry... not entirely sure what the errors are for. Is the warning message and ding because you are over the recommended yellow signs.... or is it throwing errors because of another reason.

If you just wanted the last speed detected to show on your display would that work?
    The error is that the system is operating in "restricted mode". When you are setting it up in VCDS there is an option for traffic sign fusion mode option, which best I can tell decides whether it goes off nav data and augments with TSR, or goes off TSR and augments with nav. To get it to work you have to set it to preference TSR, and the warning is saying that it can't back it up with nav data. It goes off every time you start the car, sometimes twice.