Support VWWC

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Traffic Jam Assist

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Enobar View Post
    I just got mine done - I rang the dealer and told him that there were 2 recalls applicable to the car and if they weren't sure they could contact Skoda Australia - they told me they were aware of them. One is for the Traffic Jam Assist, one for something to do with the tail gate trim - I am unsure what it was.

I believe that my suspicions were correct - our cars were incorrectly specced with regular lane assist instead of adaptive lane assist and this recall has fixed it. I have a new option in my Drivers Assistance menu as you can see from the photo which is 'Adaptive Lane Guidance'. I swear it was not there before. Now when I have it engaged, there are 2 yellow lines either side of the roadway in the maxidot display. The lane assist is now far less bouncing from one line to the other within the lane like a drunk driver and properly active in tracking the car down the centre. Also at speeds under 60kph, the lane assist will activate - provided the car is on cruise control - it remains off when you are operating the go faster pedal yourself. The lane assist light also goes green under 60 with cruise active.

If you haven't booked your car into a dealer yet get onto it because its definitely worth while. Also, in case we have any active members of the Skoda forum who like to spend their work days dressed in Blue, I would like to point out that the below photo was taken by my (rather disinterested) passenger who obediently took photos of in spite of his protests that 'no one will really be interested in your dash instruments surely'. So please, vote your interest below so that I can show him repeated posts with my commentary 'i told you so'. Apologies that they are sideways/upside down... not sure why they've done that.

Attachment 29652

Attachment 29650
    Spoke to the dealer in South Brisbane today, i asked them about the recall for TJA, and they knew about it. Booked the car in for next Wednesday so we will see how they perform. Looking forward to the upgrade.
    Daily Drive: 2017 VW Arteon 206TSI, White, Fully optioned inc Sun Roof. APR Stage 1 + DSG, Gtechniq 10h Ceramic Coating, Ceramic Tint, Ceramic Front/Rear Brakes, Eibach Lowered Springs.

Weekend Drive: 2016 Golf GTI 40 Years (Clubsport) Tornado Red, DSG, Tint, Black Badges

Did you get your car upgrade done? I got mine done today with the dealer in south Brisbane and I have absolutely no difference in my car.

I forgot to check system information before but now it says:

Harware: H50
    Software: 0836

I had 2 campaigns 'done' to my car

CAMPAIGN 91Q4 - Signal Amplifier
    CAMPAIGN 96F4 - Update Camera Control Unit

But neither seem to have fixed the TJA. Still goes disappointingly to amber below 65kph

(162TSI wagon (+tech+comfort))

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by mrd View Post
    Did you get your car upgrade done? I got mine done today with the dealer in south Brisbane and I have absolutely no difference in my car.

I forgot to check system information before but now it says:

Harware: H50
    Software: 0836

I had 2 campaigns 'done' to my car

CAMPAIGN 91Q4 - Signal Amplifier
    CAMPAIGN 96F4 - Update Camera Control Unit

But neither seem to have fixed the TJA. Still goes disappointingly to amber below 65kph

(162TSI wagon (+tech+comfort))
    just checking, but you know it only works below 65kph while cruise is active right? Make sure you're trying it with cruise control on.

Yep. I had the ACC on and set to 80 and still no go. There is also no "Adaptive Lane Guidance" menu option showing.

Yep. I had the ACC on and set to 80 and still no go. There is also no "Adaptive Lane Guidance" menu option showing.

Hmmm, talk to the dealer.... it doesn't sound like they did it right

Yeah I emailed them again when I got home (after they closed) so will see what they say tomorrow.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mrd View Post
    Sounds like it is not working correctly. I'll contact the dealer and show them some video of it actually working properly.

Users Country Flag
    I finally got the recall flash done for the Adaptive Lane Guidance and it works perfectly. With ACC engaged, the Lane Assist stays green right down to nearly 5kph. The active steer is more fluid than before and keeps the car in the centre of the lane compared to bouncing of the line markings.

The dealer didn't switch the system on via the infotainment unit so at first I didn't think they had done the upgrade. Mind you they didn't even mention anything about controlling via the infotainment system, so I suspect they really didn't understand what they were doing.

It was only the information supplied via the this & Briskoda forums that I knew it had to be selected to operate.
    Daily Drive: 2017 VW Arteon 206TSI, White, Fully optioned inc Sun Roof. APR Stage 1 + DSG, Gtechniq 10h Ceramic Coating, Ceramic Tint, Ceramic Front/Rear Brakes, Eibach Lowered Springs.

Weekend Drive: 2016 Golf GTI 40 Years (Clubsport) Tornado Red, DSG, Tint, Black Badges

Quote Originally Posted by Andysuew View Post

It was only the information supplied via the this & Briskoda forums that I knew it had to be selected to operate.

Yeah, forums are a godsend for car owners - many dealers I'm sure see them as a curse though... the good ones should use it as a resource.

Just curious about your signature though - what do you mean by "full LED conversion?" Did you change your Xenons to LED or just the everything else? I've done the door courtesy lights, glovebox, boot lights & reverse lights. Haven't done indicators yet and I am in the process of doing fogs but I'm having huge trouble with removing the access caps. Plan b is to use ramps and remove the plate to get access from below.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast