Support VWWC

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Traffic Jam Assist

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by bego9 View Post
    @cyber what did you say to the dealer to get it fix? Is there any specific update that I need to mention to the service dealer to get it up to date? Thanks
    I just got mine done - I rang the dealer and told him that there were 2 recalls applicable to the car and if they weren't sure they could contact Skoda Australia - they told me they were aware of them. One is for the Traffic Jam Assist, one for something to do with the tail gate trim - I am unsure what it was.

I believe that my suspicions were correct - our cars were incorrectly specced with regular lane assist instead of adaptive lane assist and this recall has fixed it. I have a new option in my Drivers Assistance menu as you can see from the photo which is 'Adaptive Lane Guidance'. I swear it was not there before. Now when I have it engaged, there are 2 yellow lines either side of the roadway in the maxidot display. The lane assist is now far less bouncing from one line to the other within the lane like a drunk driver and properly active in tracking the car down the centre. Also at speeds under 60kph, the lane assist will activate - provided the car is on cruise control - it remains off when you are operating the go faster pedal yourself. The lane assist light also goes green under 60 with cruise active.

If you haven't booked your car into a dealer yet get onto it because its definitely worth while. Also, in case we have any active members of the Skoda forum who like to spend their work days dressed in Blue, I would like to point out that the below photo was taken by my (rather disinterested) passenger who obediently took photos of in spite of his protests that 'no one will really be interested in your dash instruments surely'. So please, vote your interest below so that I can show him repeated posts with my commentary 'i told you so'. Apologies that they are sideways/upside down... not sure why they've done that.

Traffic Jam Assist-img_1800-jpg

Traffic Jam Assist-img_0611-jpg

@Enobar
    Thanks for the info and photos. I vote for you it will help us to show it to the dealer
    I read that Adaptive lane guidance in the manual and yes, I didn't have that one and guessing that is related to this traffic jam assist.
    I am going to send email to service dealer to request this update provided they know about this recall.

Did you ask about the chirp acoustic confirmation when lock/unlock?

@Enobar

Did you ask about the chirp acoustic confirmation when lock/unlock?
    I seem to vaguely remember that when the chirp thing began to appear the law was changed to outlaw it. I may be wrong there but that is my memory because every burglar alarm used to do it.

Users Country Flag
    @cyber what did you say to the dealer to get it fix? Is there any specific update that I need to mention to the service dealer to get it up to date? Thanks
    I just told them that the "Traffic Jam Assist" did not work according to what it was described in the manual. The dealer had no clue at the start and thought I was talking about the Lane keeping assist. But I showed him in teh manual regarding the Traffic Jam Assist function. but then they contacted Skoda Australia and confirmed that it is a "recall" for Australia car.
    There is also another recall that is currently active for the superb. Which involves removing a phone reception in the trunk which doesn't comply with Australian regulation.
    The dealer fixed the two issues in 1 day.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Enobar View Post
    I just got mine done - I rang the dealer and told him that there were 2 recalls applicable to the car and if they weren't sure they could contact Skoda Australia - they told me they were aware of them. One is for the Traffic Jam Assist, one for something to do with the tail gate trim - I am unsure what it was.

I believe that my suspicions were correct - our cars were incorrectly specced with regular lane assist instead of adaptive lane assist and this recall has fixed it. I have a new option in my Drivers Assistance menu as you can see from the photo which is 'Adaptive Lane Guidance'. I swear it was not there before. Now when I have it engaged, there are 2 yellow lines either side of the roadway in the maxidot display. The lane assist is now far less bouncing from one line to the other within the lane like a drunk driver and properly active in tracking the car down the centre. Also at speeds under 60kph, the lane assist will activate - provided the car is on cruise control - it remains off when you are operating the go faster pedal yourself. The lane assist light also goes green under 60 with cruise active.

If you haven't booked your car into a dealer yet get onto it because its definitely worth while. Also, in case we have any active members of the Skoda forum who like to spend their work days dressed in Blue, I would like to point out that the below photo was taken by my (rather disinterested) passenger who obediently took photos of in spite of his protests that 'no one will really be interested in your dash instruments surely'. So please, vote your interest below so that I can show him repeated posts with my commentary 'i told you so'. Apologies that they are sideways/upside down... not sure why they've done that.

Traffic Jam Assist-img_1800-jpg

Traffic Jam Assist-img_0611-jpg
    Yep, spot on. I've been looking up VW forums and only "Adaptive Lane Guidance" gives you Traffic Jam Assist.
    Based on the information I got from the Tiguan forum, apparently it is only specific hardware that can do the "Lane Guidance". The Tiguan cannot do it due to the AUS car do not have the hardware to do the "Lane Guidance", so they are stuck with just Lane keeping assist.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by blueSup View Post
    @cyberkank - did you take pictures of the before and after software versions from the Infotainment? If not, what are the version numbers now?
    I didn't take pic, but have got the version logged down before/after the update. Will have a dig at the file to see the differences.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by blueSup View Post
    @cyberkank - did you take pictures of the before and after software versions from the Infotainment? If not, what are the version numbers now?

Which version numbers are you referring to? The ones from car ->settings -> system information (from memory..) I took photos of before and after and I don't think they changed. I'm wondering if i'm looking in the right bit or if my version numbers only refer to the sat nav database...

Users Country Flag
    I just did a throughout check using obdeleven. The difference is not in the software version. There is slight change of internal hardware version for the central electric and also some difference in the coding for the front radar system.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    If I head into Settings -> System Settings -> System Information I get Hardware: H50 Software: 0702 and the rest relates to the navigation and maps.
    Given that it's just coding changes, I wonder if VCDS could help me with it?

Quote Originally Posted by cyberkank View Post
    Yep, spot on. I've been looking up VW forums and only "Adaptive Lane Guidance" gives you Traffic Jam Assist.
    Based on the information I got from the Tiguan forum, apparently it is only specific hardware that can do the "Lane Guidance". The Tiguan cannot do it due to the AUS car do not have the hardware to do the "Lane Guidance", so they are stuck with just Lane keeping assist.
    The word from some people in VW is that they are debating whether to enable TJA on the Tiguan and has been done on the Superb so it must have all the required equipment on it. Other countries receiving the Tiguan had TJA enabled.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast