Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Traffic Jam Assist

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Andysuew View Post
    Did Skoda supply you with a recall notice for this. Mine and Enobar's is doing the same thing as yours?
    No, they didn't. Bit dissapointed with that. I had to talk to Skoda's dealer technician and he had no clue of TJA feature until I pointed it out in the brochure and then he had to call Skoda Australia to find out what is going on.
    Then I got a phone call from the dealer's technician the next day and said that Skoda Australia confirmed there's a fault with the current software where TJA is not working. So thats why he asked me to take the car in for a software update and also there's an active recall regarding rear trim that needs fixing.

I will suggest anyone with TJA, if it is not working (i.e. not having green light under 65km/h while ACC is active) to contact their dealer and explain to them. Skoda probably wants to keep it "hush hush" until your next service where they miraculously "fix" the issue without you knowing there was one in the first place to keep their reputation in tack.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Very interesting.... I have my car booked into the dealer for some rattle resolution in a week so I'll have them look at this

Phoned my dealership today, they confirmed the 2 recalls and that it will be fixed for me next Monday. Yay! New feature coming to my car! Lol.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Enobar View Post
    Phoned my dealership today, they confirmed the 2 recalls and that it will be fixed for me next Monday. Yay! New feature coming to my car! Lol.
    Let us know how you go. Don't forget to take photo of software before & after to confirm update����
    Daily Drive: 2017 VW Arteon 206TSI, White, Fully optioned inc Sun Roof. APR Stage 1 + DSG, Gtechniq 10h Ceramic Coating, Ceramic Tint, Ceramic Front/Rear Brakes, Eibach Lowered Springs.

Weekend Drive: 2016 Golf GTI 40 Years (Clubsport) Tornado Red, DSG, Tint, Black Badges

@Enobar Please let us know the 2 recalls number or code. Thanks.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Enobar View Post
    Shouldn't the recall process be "Them calling us" not us calling them. Anyhow, good that it is getting sorted soon. My one is going in Monday, will test out this new "traffic jam" feature.

Users Country Flag
    My car just got updated with the Traffic Jam software. It is totally awesome, the lane keeping is a lot more "active" than before, it will provide a lot more guidance if you activate both ACC and Lane Keeping Assist. Nearly to the point of autonomous driving. I drove about 50km of highway driving in peak hour traffic with little or no intervention. Very impressed with the feature.
    Once ACC & Lane Keeping Assist is activated. The Lane keeping assist icon should stay green regardless of speed (providing it can detect lanes).

Sounds great. I suspect that the problem is actually that our cars were specced wrong for Australia. If you look at overseas, they have 'Lane Assist' and 'Active Lane Assist with Traffic Jam Assist'. I think that our cars left the factory specced as plain old Lane Assist. I think this 'software update' may be enabling the proper settings. Just a hunch though... My car had a sleep over at the dealer last night as they wanted more time to fix the rattles that are torturing me - I gladly agreed since I feel they're actually putting real effort into it instead of fobbing me off.

@cyber what did you say to the dealer to get it fix? Is there any specific update that I need to mention to the service dealer to get it up to date? Thanks

Users Country Flag

@cyberkank - did you take pictures of the before and after software versions from the Infotainment? If not, what are the version numbers now?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast