Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Traffic Jam Assist

Users Country Flag

Have a watch of this one. Traffic and freeway. Notice the colour of the lines on the maxidot when on the freeway.
    I just figured that the 2nd world lane markings around these parts were the cause of the system not working as expected.
    https://youtu.be/sbXOLvUnzTg

It doesn't work with my car. As soon as it drops below 65km then the lane assist change to orange.

Edit: I am guessing the lines on the maxidot both appear orange because of no broken lane marking.
    The beginning part is broken line but still active for the traffic jam to work.

I just service my car and explained but the lady wasn't helpful/no idea.
    Last edited by bego9; 26-05-2017 at 10:31 PM.

Users Country Flag
    OK, I tried this in traffic, works well except for one thing. once ive completely stopped, I need to tap the throttle to get the car moving again. I thought it would take off once the gap opened up. but it appears I need to concentrate on driving

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by zei20t View Post
    OK, I tried this in traffic, works well except for one thing. once ive completely stopped, I need to tap the throttle to get the car moving again. I thought it would take off once the gap opened up. but it appears I need to concentrate on driving
    Does your car have the lane assist active under 65km/h so the car knows to keep within the lane? I called up Skoda and they seem to be clueless about the feature.
    One of the tech from the dealer suggested that this feature is not available in Australia and the brochure is a misprint, but he is not 100% sure.

Users Country Flag
    Ok, I've just received a call from Skoda. They've confirmed that it is a software issue regarding the "traffic jam assist" not working properly. The lane assist should be "green" under 65km/h if ACC is active. Apparently this is part of a "recall" campaign for my car (MY 17, DEC16). So I need to book in to a workshop for them to update the software for me.
    I'll be taking it to the work shop in a week and a bit, will let you guys know how it goes.
    I suggest if your "Traffic Jam Assist is not working" then contact your dealer to get the software fix.

Users Country Flag
    Cyberkank, don't forget to take some pictures of the system version numbers before and after the fix.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by blueSup View Post
    Cyberkank, don't forget to take some pictures of the system version numbers before and after the fix.
    Thanks for the tips. I'll remember to do that.
    There's also another recall regarding something in the boot trim being non AUS compliance, so they have to fix that too.

Quote Originally Posted by zei20t View Post
    TJA is not working if that is the case.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberkank View Post
    Ok, I've just received a call from Skoda. They've confirmed that it is a software issue regarding the "traffic jam assist" not working properly. The lane assist should be "green" under 65km/h if ACC is active. Apparently this is part of a "recall" campaign for my car (MY 17, DEC16). So I need to book in to a workshop for them to update the software for me.
    I'll be taking it to the work shop in a week and a bit, will let you guys know how it goes.
    I suggest if your "Traffic Jam Assist is not working" then contact your dealer to get the software fix.

Did Skoda supply you with a recall notice for this. Mine and Enobar's is doing the same thing as yours?
    Daily Drive: 2017 VW Arteon 206TSI, White, Fully optioned inc Sun Roof. APR Stage 1 + DSG, Gtechniq 10h Ceramic Coating, Ceramic Tint, Ceramic Front/Rear Brakes, Eibach Lowered Springs.

Weekend Drive: 2016 Golf GTI 40 Years (Clubsport) Tornado Red, DSG, Tint, Black Badges

Users Country Flag

Mine too! The green icon turns pesky yellow under 65kph.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast